By Wesley J. Chun
The whole Developer's consultant to Python
* New to Python? The definitive consultant to Python improvement for knowledgeable programmers
* Covers center language good points completely, together with these present in the most recent Python releases—learn greater than simply the syntax!
* study complex issues resembling ordinary expressions, networking, multithreading, GUI, Web/CGI, and Python extensions
* contains brand-new fabric on databases, net consumers, Java/Jython, and Microsoft place of work, plus Python 2.6 and 3
* offers 1000's of code snippets, interactive examples, and sensible workouts to reinforce your Python skills
Python is an agile, strong, expressive, totally object-oriented, extensible, and scalable programming language. It combines the ability of compiled languages with the simplicity and quick improvement of scripting languages. In center Python Programming, moment version, prime Python developer and coach Wesley Chun is helping you examine Python fast and comprehensively that you can instantly prevail with any Python project.
Using useful code examples, Chun introduces all of the basics of Python programming: syntax, gadgets and reminiscence administration, facts kinds, operators, documents and I/O, capabilities, turbines, mistakes dealing with and exceptions, loops, iterators, sensible programming, object-oriented programming and extra. when you research the middle basics of Python, he exhibits you what you are able to do together with your new talents, delving into complex subject matters, comparable to commonplace expressions, networking programming with sockets, multithreading, GUI improvement, Web/CGI programming and lengthening Python in C.
This version displays significant improvements within the Python 2.x sequence, together with 2.6 and assistance for migrating to three. It includes new chapters on database and web buyer programming, plus assurance of many new themes, together with new-style periods, Java and Jython, Microsoft workplace (Win32 COM patron) programming, and masses extra.
Read Online or Download Core Python Programming (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, approach directors are awarded with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a crew of engineers may have needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer thousands or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are progressively changing their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a truly fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which can make automation projects more straightforward. It additionally has large set of third-party libraries and a really lively improvement group. this pliability makes Python a good selection for a wide selection of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how purposes to procedure upkeep and management jobs.
* This booklet explains and exhibits how you can observe Python scripting in perform. in contrast to nearly all of the Python books, it's going to enable you technique and unravel real-world concerns that almost all procedure directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this publication, you'll find numerous tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one venture, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and wade through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* every one venture is observed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll have the ability to use instantly or adapt on your necessities and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * remedy real-world process management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking process.
* deal with net functions and parse advanced log documents.
* immediately video display and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
This e-book is essentially geared toward skilled approach directors whose day by day initiatives contain taking care of and coping with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be helpful for procedure directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to resolve numerous approach management problems.
Python builders also will reap the benefits of analyzing this e-book, in particular in the event that they are enthusiastic about constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet uncomplicated wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* dealing with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net software for IP tackle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP deal with software with DHCP
* retaining an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and proposing Statistical information from Apache Log Files
* appearing complicated Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* a website Availability money Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* records amassing and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse answer
This ebook isn't really for pro hackers. as an alternative, this ebook is made for novices who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking innovations that may be simply understood were defined. in case you in basic terms have a house laptop, you could attempt the entire examples supplied the following. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of factors.
I purchased this booklet simply because i used to be having difficulty making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am quite a booklet man, besides, and felt i wished "The publication" for Twisted. whilst the 1st web page an identical of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 due to a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a unfastened ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is easy methods to keep textual content documents, then this can be the publication for you. This ebook is written for the newest Python three, even supposing Python 2 is the widely came upon model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Dive into Python
- Pro Python System Administration
- Beginning Python Games Development, 2nd Edition: With PyGame
- Ironpython in Action
Extra info for Core Python Programming (2nd Edition)
Figure 2-19. The new packages have been created. standard. Right-click the greetings package in the Package Explorer on the left side of the workspace. Select New ➤ Pydev Module. That will bring up the (unnamed) module creation window, shown in Figure 2-20. 35 36 CHAPTER 2 ■ THE IDE: ECLIPSING THE COMMAND LINE Figure 2-20. Choosing the module name The window has three fields: Source Folder, Package, and Name. The first two are filled in for you. Enter standard into the Name field, and then click Finish.
Verifying the unsigned plug-in This screen is called Feature Verification, but it’s really complaining about the Mylyn package being unsigned. You should get used to this. While cryptographic signing of features is a neat idea, it doesn’t happen much. Just click Install All. A few windows will flit by as Mylyn is installed, and once it’s complete, Eclipse will ask if you want to apply the changes or restart (see Figure 2-13). Figure 2-13. Installation complete Choose Yes to restart Eclipse. When it restarts, it will go to the Eclipse overview, which is shown in Figure 2-14.
You don’t need extensive commenting. The code and unit tests should be clear and readable. Extensive design 17 18 CHAPTER 1 ■ WHAT IS AGILE DEVELOPMENT? documentation is the pinnacle violation of DRY. The impression of the design invariably falls out of sync with the reality of the design. These practices have a common focus. They are about predictability. They are about minimizing waste, both in process and in design effort, and continuous feedback to identify the sources of waste. While it’s important to understand how these techniques fit together, we’re not going to be looking at all of them.