By Susan M. Gates
Describes and analyzes the result of a 2004 survey at the baby care wishes and offerings of army households. It defines results of power curiosity to DoD (reported child-care utilization, unmet child-care want, and unmet child-care preference), info the distribution of those results between army households, and analyzes the relationships among those results and armed forces readiness and retention.
Read or Download Examining child Care need Among Military Families PDF
Best children's studies books
Early youth, from start via institution access, was once principally invisible around the world as a coverage predicament for a lot of the 20 th century. young children, within the eyes of such a lot international locations, have been appendages in their mom and dad or just embedded within the greater relations constitution. the kid didn't grow to be a separate social entity till institution age (typically six or seven).
Track in early life tradition examines the fantasies of post-Oedipal adolescence cultures as displayed at the panorama of well known track from a post-Lacanian standpoint. Jan Jagodzinski, knowledgeable on Lacan, psychoanalysis, and education's dating to media, keeps new set of signifiers is needed to understand the sliding signification of latest 'youth'.
This booklet provides a version of supervision that's in line with either modern thought and learn, that is strongly contextualized to baby and kin social paintings. It attracts at once from research of in-depth interviews with skilled and submit graduate certified supervisors and supervisees approximately ‘what works’ in supervision.
- Fitting In, Standing Out: Navigating the Social Challenges of High School to Get an Education
- Mixed-Race, Post-Race: Gender, New Ethnicities and Cultural Practices
- The Peripheral Child in Nineteenth Century Literature and its Criticism
- Homegirls: Language and Cultural Practice Among Latina Youth Gangs
- Childhood and Youth Studies: Critical Issues
- Italy in the Age of Pinocchio: Children and Danger in the Liberal Era (Italian & Italian American Studies)
Additional resources for Examining child Care need Among Military Families
Appendix B presents an analysis of survey response rates, relating them to observable characteristics of the survey sample. Appendix C contains the actual survey instrument. ________________________________________________________________________ 32 percent. ) CHAPTER TWO Factors Influencing Child Care Choice and Unmet Need There is a substantial literature on the factors expected to influence child care use and unmet need for child care services in the civilian sector. This literature suggests some relationships that we might expect to see among child care use and family and community characteristics.
05. ____________ 8 We also explored an alternative one-stage modeling structure reflecting a simultaneous choice among parental and nonparental options. Specifically, we estimated a five-category multinomial logit model. The Hausman-McFadden test indicated that, under this model structure, the data violate the independence of irrelevant alternatives (IIA) assumption. The second stage of the two-stage model, the results of which are reported here, satisfies the IIA assumptions. We also considered using a nested logit modeling approach; however, we had no conceptual basis on which to group the various child-care choices into nests.
Anderson and Levine (2000) found that reliance on family members to provide child care decreases as family income increases, but that low-income families are more likely to pay for the care provided by their family members. This may be a function of Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) policies that allow welfare recipients to pay family members for care that, in the absence of available government funds, they might have provided without charge. In other cases, such payment clearly substitutes for other low-income work that would be pursued if money could not be earned caring for relatives’ children.