By Jeff Younker
The agile improvement circulate represents the newest advances in instruments and methods meant to spice up developer productiveness. Programming language-agnostic, this move is shooting the eye of builders of all disciplines, and is very commonplace in state-of-the-art open resource groups resembling Python and Ruby.
This is the 1st ebook to use those wanted ideas to Python builders, introducing either the instruments and strategies outfitted and supported by way of the Python neighborhood. Authored via Jeff Younker, a well known member of Python's agile group who's probably top recognized for his construction of a well-liked Python checking out framework, this booklet is certain to be a success between readers who can have reached their limits of information in regards to the Python language, but are searching for to enhance their knowing of the way sound procedures can increase productiveness to extraordinary heights.
Read Online or Download Foundations of Agile Python Development PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, process directors are provided with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a crew of engineers may need needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer 1000's or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are progressively exchanging their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which could make automation initiatives more uncomplicated. It additionally has large set of third-party libraries and a truly energetic improvement group. this pliability makes Python a good selection for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technology purposes to method upkeep and management jobs.
* This publication explains and indicates easy methods to follow Python scripting in perform. not like nearly all of the Python books, it's going to help you process and get to the bottom of real-world matters that the majority procedure directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this booklet, you'll find a number of tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In each one venture, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and struggle through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* every one venture is observed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll be capable of use instantly or adapt on your requisites and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * remedy real-world approach management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a disbursed tracking method.
* deal with net purposes and parse complicated log records.
* immediately video display and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
This publication is basically aimed toward skilled method directors whose daily initiatives contain taking care of and dealing with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be valuable for process directors who are looking to examine extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to resolve quite a few method management problems.
Python builders also will make the most of examining this ebook, specially in the event that they are serious about constructing automation and administration tools.
This ebook assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet simple wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet software for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle program with DHCP
* conserving a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* collecting and featuring Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* acting complicated Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* an internet site Availability money Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* facts amassing and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse resolution
This publication isn't for pro hackers. as a substitute, this publication is made for novices who've programming event and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking thoughts that may be simply understood were defined. should you purely have a house workstation, you could try the entire examples supplied right here. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of reasons.
I purchased this e-book simply because i used to be having difficulty making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am quite a e-book man, besides, and felt i wished "The publication" for Twisted. whilst the 1st web page similar of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an academic or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is how you can retailer textual content records, then this can be the e-book for you. This booklet is written for the most recent Python three, although Python 2 is the generally chanced on model of Python this present day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Head First Python A Brain-Friendly Guide
- Pro Ironpython
- Foundations for Analytics with Python
- Tkinter GUI Application Development HOTSHOT
- Introduction to Computation and Programming Using Python (Revised & Expanded Edition)
- Python & XML
Additional resources for Foundations of Agile Python Development
Figure 2-19. The new packages have been created. standard. Right-click the greetings package in the Package Explorer on the left side of the workspace. Select New ➤ Pydev Module. That will bring up the (unnamed) module creation window, shown in Figure 2-20. 35 36 CHAPTER 2 ■ THE IDE: ECLIPSING THE COMMAND LINE Figure 2-20. Choosing the module name The window has three fields: Source Folder, Package, and Name. The first two are filled in for you. Enter standard into the Name field, and then click Finish.
Verifying the unsigned plug-in This screen is called Feature Verification, but it’s really complaining about the Mylyn package being unsigned. You should get used to this. While cryptographic signing of features is a neat idea, it doesn’t happen much. Just click Install All. A few windows will flit by as Mylyn is installed, and once it’s complete, Eclipse will ask if you want to apply the changes or restart (see Figure 2-13). Figure 2-13. Installation complete Choose Yes to restart Eclipse. When it restarts, it will go to the Eclipse overview, which is shown in Figure 2-14.
You don’t need extensive commenting. The code and unit tests should be clear and readable. Extensive design 17 18 CHAPTER 1 ■ WHAT IS AGILE DEVELOPMENT? documentation is the pinnacle violation of DRY. The impression of the design invariably falls out of sync with the reality of the design. These practices have a common focus. They are about predictability. They are about minimizing waste, both in process and in design effort, and continuous feedback to identify the sources of waste. While it’s important to understand how these techniques fit together, we’re not going to be looking at all of them.