By Kenneth A. Lambert
In basics OF PYTHON: FROM FIRST courses via info constructions, Washington and Lee college professor Kenneth A. Lambert offers all the very important themes in CS1 and CS2 in a single quantity. This low-budget structure offers teachers with a constant method of instructing introductory programming and knowledge buildings over a regular two-term path series. The publication makes use of the Python programming language, that's either effortless to benefit for newbies and scales good to complex functions.
Read Online or Download Fundamentals of Python: From First Programs through Data Structures PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, process directors are provided with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a crew of engineers may have needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer 1000s or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are steadily changing their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a latest, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which may make automation initiatives more uncomplicated. It additionally has broad set of third-party libraries and a truly lively improvement group. this pliability makes Python a good selection for a wide selection of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how functions to process upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and indicates how you can observe Python scripting in perform. in contrast to the vast majority of the Python books, it is going to assist you strategy and unravel real-world matters that almost all method directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this ebook, you will discover numerous initiatives within the different types of community management, internet server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one undertaking, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and plow through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* every one undertaking is observed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll have the capacity to use instantly or adapt on your specifications and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * remedy real-world method management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a disbursed tracking procedure.
* deal with internet purposes and parse advanced log documents.
* immediately video display and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this publication is for</h3>
This publication is essentially geared toward skilled procedure directors whose daily projects contain taking care of and coping with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be precious for process directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to resolve a number of method management problems.
Python builders also will reap the benefits of studying this ebook, particularly in the event that they are keen on constructing automation and administration tools.
This publication assumes that readers already use Python and are happy with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet simple wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix setting is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* coping with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net program for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle program with DHCP
* retaining a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and featuring Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* appearing complicated Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* a website Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* statistics accumulating and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse resolution
This e-book isn't really for pro hackers. as an alternative, this e-book is made for novices who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking options that may be simply understood were defined. for those who basically have a house computer, you could try all of the examples supplied right here. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of causes.
I purchased this e-book simply because i used to be having difficulty making feel out of the Twisted online documentation. i am relatively a publication man, besides, and felt i wanted "The booklet" for Twisted. while the 1st web page identical of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose booklet on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is the way to store textual content records, then this can be the booklet for you. This e-book is written for the newest Python three, although Python 2 is the generally chanced on model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Make a Raspberry Pi-Controlled Robot: Building a Rover with Python, Linux, Motors, and Sensors
- Data Analysis with Open Source Tools
- Mastering Python Design Patterns
- Python Web Penetration Testing Cookbook
- Mastering Natural Language Processing with Python
Extra resources for Fundamentals of Python: From First Programs through Data Structures
The input devices include a keyboard, a mouse, and a microphone. Common output devices include a monitor and speakers. Computers can also communicate with the external world through various ports that connect them to networks and to other devices such as handheld music players and digital cameras. The purpose of most of the input devices is to convert information that human beings deal with, such as text, images, and sounds, into information for computational processing. The purpose of most output devices is to convert the results of this processing back to human-usable form.
Now, suppose there are 8 of these groups of 16 lights. We can select any group of lights and examine or change the state of each light within that collection. We have just developed a tiny model of computer memory. This memory has 8 cells, each of which can store 16 bits of binary information. 2. This memory is also sometimes called primary or internal or random access memory (RAM). 2] A model of computer memory The information stored in memory can represent any type of data, such as numbers, text, images, or sound, or the instructions of a program.
The run-time system might execute the program directly on the hardware or run yet another program called an interpreter or virtual machine to execute the program. 3 shows the steps and software used in the coding process. 3 Exercises 1 List two examples of input devices and two examples of output devices. 2 What does the central processing unit (CPU) do? 3 How is information represented in hardware memory? 4 What is the difference between a terminal-based interface and a graphical user interface?