By Justin Seitz
Python is speedy turning into the programming language of selection for hackers, opposite engineers, and software program testers simply because it's effortless to put in writing fast, and it has the low-level help and libraries that make hackers satisfied. yet before, there was no genuine guide on easy methods to use Python for numerous hacking initiatives. You needed to dig via discussion board posts and guy pages, without end tweaking your personal code to get every little thing operating. no longer anymore.
"Gray Hat Python" explains the recommendations at the back of hacking instruments and methods like debuggers, trojans, fuzzers, and emulators. yet writer Justin Seitz is going past idea, exhibiting you the way to harness present Python-based safety instruments - and the way to construct your individual while the pre-built ones won't reduce it.
You'll how to: Automate tedious reversing and safeguard initiatives layout and application your individual debugger the best way to fuzz home windows drivers and create strong fuzzers from scratch enjoy code and library injection, smooth and tough hooking options, and different software program trickery Sniff safe site visitors out of an encrypted net browser consultation Use PyDBG, Immunity Debugger, Sulley, IDAPython, PyEMU, and extra
The world's top hackers are utilizing Python to do their handiwork. Shouldn't you?
Read Online or Download Gray Hat Python Python Programming For Hackers And Reverse Engineers PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, procedure directors are awarded with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a staff of engineers may have needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer 1000's or millions of systems.
System directors are progressively changing their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which may make automation projects more straightforward. It additionally has huge set of third-party libraries and a really lively improvement neighborhood. this pliability makes Python a sensible choice for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how purposes to method upkeep and management jobs.
* This ebook explains and indicates the way to observe Python scripting in perform. in contrast to the vast majority of the Python books, it's going to aid you process and unravel real-world matters that almost all procedure directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this booklet, you'll find numerous initiatives within the different types of community management, internet server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one undertaking, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and plow through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* each one undertaking is followed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll be ready to use instantly or adapt in your necessities and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * clear up real-world process management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking approach.
* deal with net purposes and parse advanced log documents.
* immediately display screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
This ebook is basically aimed toward skilled approach directors whose daily projects contain taking care of and handling small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be invaluable for procedure directors who are looking to examine extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to unravel a number of process management problems.
Python builders also will make the most of analyzing this booklet, specially in the event that they are concerned with constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet simple wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix atmosphere is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and gathering functionality facts utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet program for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle software with DHCP
* holding a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and proposing Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* appearing complicated Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* an internet site Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* facts amassing and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse resolution
This booklet isn't really for pro hackers. as a substitute, this ebook is made for novices who've programming event and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking strategies that may be simply understood were defined. in the event you in basic terms have a house notebook, you could try out the entire examples supplied right here. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of motives.
I purchased this publication simply because i used to be having hassle making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am quite a booklet man, besides, and felt i wished "The publication" for Twisted. while the 1st web page an identical of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a unfastened ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an academic or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is tips on how to store textual content documents, then this can be the publication for you. This booklet is written for the most recent Python three, although Python 2 is the widely stumbled on model of Python this day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Learning Selenium Testing Tools with Python
- Django Design Patterns and Best Practices
- Object-Oriented Database Programming
- Essential SQLAlchemy
- Building Probabilistic Graphical Models with Python
- Data Wrangling with Python
Additional info for Gray Hat Python Python Programming For Hackers And Reverse Engineers
There is a short list of user-mode debuggers commonly used by reverse engineers and hackers: WinDbg, from Microsoft, and OllyDbg, a free debugger from Oleh Yuschuk. When debugging on Linux, you’d use the standard GNU Debugger (gdb) . All three of these debuggers are quite powerful, and each offers a strength that others don’t provide. In recent years, however, there have been substantial advances in intelligent debugging, especially for the Windows platform. An intelligent debugger is scriptable, supports extended features such as call hooking, and generally has more advanced features specifically for bug hunting and reverse engineering.
One extra register that should be mentioned is the EIP register. This register points to the current instruction that is being executed. As the CPU moves through the binary executing code, EIP is updated to reflect the location where the execution is occurring. A debugger must be able to easily read and modify the contents of these registers. Each operating system provides an interface for the debugger to interact with the CPU and retrieve or modify these values. We’ll cover the individual interfaces in the operating system–specific chapters.
Many optimized instructions in the x86 instruction set are designed to move data into and out of the EAX register and perform calculations on that data. Most basic operations like add, subtract, and compare are optimized to use the EAX register. As well, more specialized operations like multiplication or division can occur only within the EAX register. As previously noted, return values from function calls are stored in EAX. This is important to remember, so that you can easily determine if a function call has failed or succeeded based on the value stored in EAX.