By Warren Sande, Carter Sande
A mild yet thorough advent to the area of desktop programming, it's written in language a 12-year-old can keep on with, yet someone who desires to how you can application a working laptop or computer can use it. Even adults. Written via Warren Sande and his son, Carter, and reviewed via expert educators, this e-book is kid-tested and parent-approved.
About This Book
Learn to speak for your machine in its personal language! even if you must create a online game, commence a company, or clear up an immense challenge, step one is studying to write down your individual courses. Programming is a enjoyable problem, and it's effortless to get started!
This up-to-date and revised version of hi international! introduces the realm of desktop programming in a transparent and interesting kind. Written by means of Warren Sande and his son, Carter, it's choked with examples that would get you considering and studying. Reviewed by means of specialist educators, this ebook is kid-tested and parent-approved. You don't want to know whatever approximately programming to take advantage of the ebook, simply the fundamentals of utilizing a working laptop or computer. for those who can begin a application and store a dossier, you'll be off and running!
Purchase of the print publication contains a unfastened booklet in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
• Explains options in transparent language
• plenty of photographs, cartoons, and enjoyable examples
• entire set of perform questions and exercises
• Illustrated in complete color
• Hello World! makes use of Python, a programming language designed to be effortless to benefit. utilizing enjoyable examples, it brings to existence techniques of computing— looping, judgements, enter and output, info constructions, graphics—and many more.
About the Authors
Warren Sande is an digital platforms engineer who makes use of Python either as a "do anything" scripting language and to be able to train pcs and programming. Carter Sande is a highschool pupil who's enthusiastic about know-how. while he's no longer solving his school's community and supporting his classmates get better misplaced homework, he loves to trip his motorbike and write unfashionable video games.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started
2. bear in mind This: reminiscence and Variables
3. uncomplicated Math
4. different types of Data
6. GUIs—Graphical person Interfaces
7. judgements, Decisions
8. Loop the Loop
9. only for You—Comments
10. online game Time
11. Nested and Variable Loops
12. accumulating issues Together—Lists and Dictionaries
17. Sprites and Collision Detection
18. a brand new type of Input—Events
20. extra GUIs
21. Print Formatting and Strings
22. dossier enter and Output
23. Take a Chance—Randomness
24. desktop Simulations
25. Skier Explained
26. Python Battle
27. What's subsequent?
Read Online or Download Hello World!: Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, method directors are awarded with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a workforce of engineers may need needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer hundreds of thousands or millions of systems.
System directors are progressively exchanging their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a truly fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which can make automation initiatives more uncomplicated. It additionally has wide set of third-party libraries and a really energetic improvement group. this pliability makes Python a sensible choice for a wide selection of projects, from prototyping technology purposes to process upkeep and management jobs.
* This booklet explains and indicates tips to observe Python scripting in perform. in contrast to nearly all of the Python books, it is going to help you technique and get to the bottom of real-world matters that the majority approach directors will come upon of their careers.
* during this e-book, you will discover numerous initiatives within the different types of community management, internet server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one venture, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and wade through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* every one undertaking is observed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll be ready to use instantly or adapt on your requisites and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * resolve real-world procedure management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a dispensed tracking procedure.
* deal with net purposes and parse advanced log documents.
* immediately display screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
This e-book is essentially geared toward skilled procedure directors whose day by day projects contain taking care of and dealing with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be precious for method directors who are looking to examine extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to resolve numerous method management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of interpreting this booklet, specially in the event that they are inquisitive about constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet simple wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix atmosphere is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and accumulating functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* dealing with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net software for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP deal with software with DHCP
* preserving a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* accumulating and featuring Statistical information from Apache Log Files
* appearing advanced Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* a website Availability fee Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* information amassing and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse answer
This e-book isn't really for pro hackers. in its place, this booklet is made for newcomers who've programming event and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking innovations that may be simply understood were defined. should you in simple terms have a house computing device, you could attempt all of the examples supplied right here. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of reasons.
I purchased this e-book simply because i used to be having hassle making feel out of the Twisted online documentation. i am relatively a e-book man, besides, and felt i wanted "The e-book" for Twisted. while the 1st web page identical of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is tips to keep textual content documents, then this is often the e-book for you. This e-book is written for the most recent Python three, although Python 2 is the widely came upon model of Python this present day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Building Machine Learning Systems with Python (2nd Edition)
- Kivy Blueprints
- Mastering Python Scientific Computing
- Numerical Python: A Practical Techniques Approach for Industry
- Web Scraping with Python: Collecting Data from the Modern Web
- Learning Python: Powerful Object-Oriented Programming (3rd Edition)
Additional info for Hello World!: Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners (2nd Edition)
Py: def plot_features(im,locs,circle=False): """ Show image with features. input: im (image as array), locs (row, col, scale, orientation of each feature). 01)*2*pi x = r*cos(t) + c y = r*sin(t) + c plot(x,y,'b',linewidth=2) imshow(im) if circle: for p in locs: draw_circle(p[:2],p) else: plot(locs[:,0],locs[:,1],'ob') axis('off') This will plot the location of the SIFT points as blue dots overlaid on the image. If the optional parameter circle is set to “True”, circles with radius equal to the scale of the feature will be drawn instead using the helper function draw_circle().
2 In the case of unit length vectors, the scalar product (without the arccos()) is equivalent to the standard Euclidean distance. 2 SIFT—Scale-Invariant Feature Transform | 41 Figure 2-5. An example of detecting and matching SIFT features between two images. 42 | Chapter 2: Local Image Descriptors Figure 2-6. An example of detecting and matching SIFT features between two images. 2 SIFT—Scale-Invariant Feature Transform | 43 (a) (b) Figure 2-7. An example of matching SIFT features between two images: (a) matches from features in the left image without using the two-sided match function; (b) the remaining matches after using the two-sided version.
Order=popularity&set=public& from=0&to=20&minx=-180&miny=-90&maxx=180&maxy=90&size=medium where minx, miny, maxx, maxy deﬁne the geographic area from which to select photos, (minimum longitude, latitude, maximum longitude and latitude, respectively), you will get the response in easy-to-parse JSON format. JSON is a common format for data 44 | Chapter 2: Local Image Descriptors transfer between web services and is more lightweight than XML and other alternatives. org/wiki/JSON. , which is usually photographed from Pennsylvania Avenue from the south side or from the north.