By Zed A. Shaw
Research Python The difficult method is a booklet I wrote to coach programming to those who don't know tips on how to code. It assumes you're most likely an influence person of your computing device, after which takes you from not anything to programming uncomplicated video games. After interpreting my e-book try to be prepared for plenty of of the opposite programming books available in the market.
Read or Download Learn Python the Hard Way (1st Edition) PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, procedure directors are awarded with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a crew of engineers may have needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer thousands or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are progressively changing their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which may make automation projects more straightforward. It additionally has wide set of third-party libraries and a really lively improvement neighborhood. this adaptability makes Python a good selection for a large choice of projects, from prototyping technology functions to approach upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and indicates the way to observe Python scripting in perform. in contrast to nearly all of the Python books, it's going to assist you method and unravel real-world concerns that the majority method directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this e-book, you'll find numerous tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one venture, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and battle through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* each one undertaking is observed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll have the ability to use instantly or adapt on your standards and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * resolve real-world method management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking approach.
* deal with internet purposes and parse advanced log records.
* immediately display screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
This booklet is essentially aimed toward skilled procedure directors whose day by day initiatives contain taking care of and handling small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be invaluable for approach directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to resolve a variety of method management problems.
Python builders also will make the most of interpreting this e-book, specifically in the event that they are inquisitive about constructing automation and administration tools.
This ebook assumes that readers already use Python and are happy with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet simple wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix setting is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and accumulating functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* coping with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net software for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP deal with program with DHCP
* holding a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* accumulating and featuring Statistical info from Apache Log Files
* acting advanced Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* a website Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* facts accumulating and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse answer
This booklet isn't for pro hackers. in its place, this e-book is made for newcomers who've programming event and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking strategies that may be simply understood were defined. in the event you in simple terms have a house laptop, you could try out the entire examples supplied right here. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of reasons.
I purchased this booklet simply because i used to be having hassle making feel out of the Twisted online documentation. i am particularly a publication man, besides, and felt i wanted "The e-book" for Twisted. while the 1st web page an identical of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 due to a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose booklet on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is how you can store textual content records, then this can be the publication for you. This ebook is written for the newest Python three, even if Python 2 is the widely discovered model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Introduction to Computer Science Using Python: A Computational Problem-Solving Focus
- Full Stack Python Guide to Deployments
- Python GUI Programming Cookbook
- Python Programming Fundamentals (Undergraduate Topics in Computer Science)
- Python in 24 Hours (2nd Edition)
- Numerical Methods in Engineering with Python
Extra info for Learn Python the Hard Way (1st Edition)
Related to escape sequences, try to find out why the last line has ’6\’2"’ with that \’ sequence. See how the single-quote needs to be escaped because otherwise it would end the string? 36 Exercise 11: Asking Questions Exercise 12: Prompting People When you typed raw_input() you were typing the ( and ) characters which are parenthesis. This is similar to when you used them to do a format with extra variables, as in "%s %s" % (x, y). For raw_input you can also put in a prompt to show to a person so they know what to type.
Finally you have a function that has no arguments in print_none. Warning: This is very important. Do not get discouraged right now if this doesn’t quite make sense. We’re going to do a few exercises linking functions to your scripts and show you how to make more. For now just keep thinking “mini script” when I say “function” and keep playing with them. ' I got nothin'. $ Right away you can see how a function works. Notice that you used your functions the way you use things like exists, open, and other “commands”.
Dum dum dah! Every programmer will go on and on about functions and all the different ideas about how they work and what they do, but I will give you the simplest explanation you can use right now. Functions do three things: 1. They name pieces of code the way variables name strings and numbers. 2. They take arguments the way your scripts take argv. 3. Using #1 and #2 they let you make your own “mini scripts” or “tiny commands”. You can create a function by using the word def in Python. I’m going to have you make four different functions that work like your scripts, and then show you how each one is related.