By Zed A. Shaw
You Will Learn Python!
Zed Shaw has perfected the world's most sensible approach for studying Python. stick to it and you'll succeed-just just like the thousands of novices Zed has taught so far! You carry the self-discipline, dedication, and patience; the writer offers every little thing else.
In Learn Python the challenging approach, 3rd Edition, you'll examine Python by way of operating via fifty two brilliantly crafted workouts. learn them. kind their code precisely. (No copying and pasting!) repair your error. Watch the courses run. As you do, you'll find out how software program works; what sturdy courses seem like; tips on how to learn, write, and look at code; and the way to discover and fasten your error utilizing tips specialist programmers use. most significantly, you'll research the subsequent, that you have to begin writing first-class Python software program of your own:
• fitting an entire Python atmosphere
• Organizing and writing code
• simple arithmetic
• Strings and textual content
• Interacting with clients
• operating with documents
• Looping and common sense
• information constructions utilizing lists and dictionaries
• software layout
• Object-oriented programming
• Inheritance and composition
• Modules, periods, and gadgets
• Python packaging
• computerized checking out
• uncomplicated video game improvement
• easy internet improvement
It'll be not easy firstly. yet quickly, you'll simply get it-and that would consider great!
This educational will present you for each minute you place into it. quickly, you'll understand one of many world's strongest, well known programming languages. You'll be a Python programmer.
Watch Zed, too! The accompanying DVD includes five+ hours of passionate, robust instructing: a whole Python video course!
Read or Download Learn Python the Hard Way: A Very Simple Introduction to the Terrifyingly Beautiful World of Computers and Code (3rd Edition) PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, procedure directors are provided with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a crew of engineers may have needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer hundreds of thousands or millions of systems.
System directors are progressively changing their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which could make automation projects more uncomplicated. It additionally has vast set of third-party libraries and a truly energetic improvement neighborhood. this adaptability makes Python a sensible choice for a wide selection of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how purposes to process upkeep and management jobs.
* This ebook explains and exhibits tips to practice Python scripting in perform. in contrast to the vast majority of the Python books, it's going to help you strategy and unravel real-world matters that the majority procedure directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this e-book, you'll find numerous initiatives within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one venture, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and plow through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* each one undertaking is followed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll have the capacity to use instantly or adapt in your requisites and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * remedy real-world process management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a disbursed tracking process.
* deal with net purposes and parse advanced log documents.
* instantly video display and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
This publication is basically geared toward skilled method directors whose daily projects contain taking care of and coping with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be priceless for method directors who are looking to examine extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel a variety of procedure management problems.
Python builders also will make the most of analyzing this e-book, in particular in the event that they are serious about constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet simple wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix atmosphere is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and accumulating functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* coping with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net software for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP deal with program with DHCP
* retaining an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* collecting and providing Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* appearing advanced Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* a website Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* records collecting and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse answer
This ebook isn't for pro hackers. as a substitute, this booklet is made for novices who've programming event and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking thoughts that may be simply understood were defined. for those who simply have a house workstation, you could attempt the entire examples supplied the following. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of reasons.
I purchased this e-book simply because i used to be having hassle making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am particularly a e-book man, besides, and felt i wanted "The booklet" for Twisted. whilst the 1st web page identical of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 due to a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose e-book on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an academic or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is the best way to keep textual content records, then this is often the e-book for you. This ebook is written for the most recent Python three, even if Python 2 is the generally discovered model of Python this present day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Django 1.0 Website Development
- Foundations of Python Network Programming (3rd Edition)
- A Primer on Scientific Programming with Python (4th Edition) (Texts in Computational Science and Engineering, Volume 6)
- Dive Into Python 3 (2nd Edition)
Additional resources for Learn Python the Hard Way: A Very Simple Introduction to the Terrifyingly Beautiful World of Computers and Code (3rd Edition)
Figure 2-19. The new packages have been created. standard. Right-click the greetings package in the Package Explorer on the left side of the workspace. Select New ➤ Pydev Module. That will bring up the (unnamed) module creation window, shown in Figure 2-20. 35 36 CHAPTER 2 ■ THE IDE: ECLIPSING THE COMMAND LINE Figure 2-20. Choosing the module name The window has three fields: Source Folder, Package, and Name. The first two are filled in for you. Enter standard into the Name field, and then click Finish.
Verifying the unsigned plug-in This screen is called Feature Verification, but it’s really complaining about the Mylyn package being unsigned. You should get used to this. While cryptographic signing of features is a neat idea, it doesn’t happen much. Just click Install All. A few windows will flit by as Mylyn is installed, and once it’s complete, Eclipse will ask if you want to apply the changes or restart (see Figure 2-13). Figure 2-13. Installation complete Choose Yes to restart Eclipse. When it restarts, it will go to the Eclipse overview, which is shown in Figure 2-14.
You don’t need extensive commenting. The code and unit tests should be clear and readable. Extensive design 17 18 CHAPTER 1 ■ WHAT IS AGILE DEVELOPMENT? documentation is the pinnacle violation of DRY. The impression of the design invariably falls out of sync with the reality of the design. These practices have a common focus. They are about predictability. They are about minimizing waste, both in process and in design effort, and continuous feedback to identify the sources of waste. While it’s important to understand how these techniques fit together, we’re not going to be looking at all of them.