By Adam Mechtley, Ryan Trowbridge
Maya Python for video games and Film is the 1st e-book to concentration completely on how one can enforce Python with Maya. Written by way of depended on specialists within the box, this in-depth consultant can help you grasp Maya Python, no matter if you're a pro technical artist trying to make the transition from MEL to Python or an aspiring artist now not desirous to scramble for info.
Read or Download Maya Python for Games and Film: A Complete Reference for Maya Python and the Maya Python API PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, process directors are awarded with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a staff of engineers may have needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer hundreds and hundreds or millions of systems.
System directors are steadily exchanging their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a latest, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries that may make automation projects more uncomplicated. It additionally has wide set of third-party libraries and a really energetic improvement neighborhood. this adaptability makes Python a sensible choice for a wide selection of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how functions to procedure upkeep and management jobs.
* This publication explains and indicates tips to follow Python scripting in perform. not like nearly all of the Python books, it's going to enable you to process and get to the bottom of real-world concerns that almost all procedure directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this booklet, you can find numerous tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In each one venture, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and plow through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* each one undertaking is followed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll be ready to use instantly or adapt for your standards and setting.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * remedy real-world method management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking process.
* deal with net functions and parse advanced log records.
* instantly visual display unit and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
This booklet is basically geared toward skilled process directors whose daily projects contain taking care of and handling small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be priceless for approach directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel a number of procedure management problems.
Python builders also will reap the benefits of studying this e-book, specially in the event that they are concerned about constructing automation and administration tools.
This ebook assumes that readers already use Python and are pleased with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet simple wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net program for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP tackle software with DHCP
* holding a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* accumulating and proposing Statistical info from Apache Log Files
* appearing complicated Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* an internet site Availability money Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* information collecting and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse resolution
This booklet isn't for pro hackers. in its place, this publication is made for novices who've programming event and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking strategies that may be simply understood were defined. in case you simply have a house workstation, you could try out all of the examples supplied right here. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of factors.
I purchased this e-book simply because i used to be having difficulty making feel out of the Twisted online documentation. i am rather a booklet man, besides, and felt i wished "The booklet" for Twisted. while the 1st web page an identical of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 due to a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a unfastened booklet on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an educational or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is find out how to shop textual content documents, then this can be the booklet for you. This publication is written for the most recent Python three, even if Python 2 is the generally came across model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Network Hacks - Intensivkurs: Angriff und Verteidigung mit Python
- Testing Python: Applying Unit Testing, TDD, BDD and Acceptance Testing
- Python For Dummies
- Python Unlocked
- Python GUI Programming Cookbook
- Introduction to Computer Science Using Python: A Computational Problem-Solving Focus
Extra info for Maya Python for Games and Film: A Complete Reference for Maya Python and the Maya Python API
Predict the outcome in this case, and then try the program and see if it matches your prediction. Is the result very helpful? Can you think of a way, using if statements, to produce a more helpful result in this case and still produce the same result in the normal case? 0 Count = 0 Num = input Num 1 = 1 No Yes Sum = Sum + Num Count = Count + 1 Num = input Print Testing While Loops Just as guidelines exist for testing conditional statements, good guidelines are available for testing loops, such as the following: ⦁ ⦁ ⦁ If a loop can execute an indefinite number of times, try to come up with an input that will force the loop not to execute at all—that is, will force it to execute zero iterations.
Once you have the program working on these inputs, consider the guidelines presented earlier for testing conditional statements or loops. Do the test cases you have written already satisfy these guidelines? If not, create new test cases for these situations. Once you have the program working correctly with these new test cases, make sure you show them to the client to verify that the correct result is being produced. Step 6: Maintain the Program Few programs remain untouched once they are released for others to use: perhaps new bugs are discovered, or users decide they want new abilities that were not envisioned in the original design.
What will your program do then? The condition being tested by a while loop can be any true/false value. indd 34 1/6/09 12:09:49 PM Chapter 2 Creating Python Programs 35 number of items, and print their average. The user indicates the end of the input by typing the special value, –1. = -1: sum = sum + num count = count + 1 num = input("enter your number:") print "average is", sum / count What will happen if the user enters –1 the very first time, without entering any numbers? Predict the outcome in this case, and then try the program and see if it matches your prediction.