By Martin C. Brown
Perl to Python Migration offers an invaluable and sensible source for programmers which are presently intermediate or specialist in utilizing Perl and who are looking to migrate to utilizing Python for various programming tasks. The ebook achieves this via first giving the consumer an summary and refresher of the Perl suggestions required earlier than giving the data on utilizing Python to accomplish an identical end result. Examples of either Python and Perl should be on hand online at the author's site.
Read Online or Download Perl to Python migration PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, approach directors are provided with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a staff of engineers may need needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer enormous quantities or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are steadily changing their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a latest, high-level language with a truly fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries that could make automation projects more uncomplicated. It additionally has broad set of third-party libraries and a really energetic improvement group. this pliability makes Python a sensible choice for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technology functions to procedure upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and indicates tips on how to follow Python scripting in perform. in contrast to nearly all of the Python books, it is going to provide help to strategy and unravel real-world matters that almost all method directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this e-book, you can find a number of initiatives within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one venture, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and plow through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* every one venture is followed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll be capable to use instantly or adapt on your specifications and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * clear up real-world process management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a disbursed tracking method.
* deal with net functions and parse advanced log records.
* immediately display screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
This e-book is essentially geared toward skilled procedure directors whose day by day initiatives contain taking care of and dealing with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be priceless for method directors who are looking to examine extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel quite a few procedure management problems.
Python builders also will make the most of studying this ebook, particularly in the event that they are keen on constructing automation and administration tools.
This publication assumes that readers already use Python and are happy with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet simple wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net program for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP deal with software with DHCP
* protecting an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* collecting and offering Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* appearing advanced Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* a website Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* data collecting and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse answer
This e-book isn't for pro hackers. as an alternative, this booklet is made for rookies who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking thoughts that may be simply understood were defined. in the event you in simple terms have a house notebook, you could try out all of the examples supplied right here. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of reasons.
I purchased this e-book simply because i used to be having hassle making feel out of the Twisted online documentation. i am quite a booklet man, besides, and felt i wished "The booklet" for Twisted. while the 1st web page identical of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose e-book on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is the best way to store textual content records, then this can be the booklet for you. This ebook is written for the newest Python three, although Python 2 is the widely discovered model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- A Python Book: Beginning Python, Advanced Python, and Python Exercises
- Internet of Things with Python
- Python For ArcGIS
- Python in 24 Hours (2nd Edition)
- Learn Python the Hard Way (2nd Edition)
- Mastering Python Regular Expressions
Additional resources for Perl to Python migration
For example, the SunOS/Solaris implementation includes a driver for Sun audio devices, and the SGI version comes with tools for interfacing to the audio and video capabilities (including OpenGL) built into SGI workstations. The Windows Python interpreter comes with toolkits to interface to the Visual C++ libraries and the Windows audio drivers. You can even communicate with COM (Common Object Method) objects to allow you to control Windows application such as Word and Outlook. Python is powerful There is very little you cannot do with Python.
The semantics of the language therefore allow you to take in data, split it up, execute regular expressions, and reconstitute the information without the need of any external modules. By supporting such a large set of internal functions it makes the base language very powerful. Perl is in fact one of the most functionally rich languages available. Although there has been a move to replace the built-in functions with external, mostly object based, modules, Perl still includes those built-in functions for file access, networking, interprocess communication, and interfacing to some of the core Unix systems.
Once you are in the interactive interpreter it works identically to the Unix version, but to exit you need to use the Windows end-of-file key combination, Ctrl-Z. MacOS Under MacOS you will need to start the Python IDE application. This opens a simple terminal style window which is the interactive interface to the Python interpreter. 1. 1. Python in action under MacOS Again, because the same core Python interpreter is used in each case, you can try and execute statements just as you would with the Unix version.