By Jeff McNeil
This publication is a part of the Beginner's advisor sequence. each one bankruptcy covers the stairs for numerous initiatives to approach information via short rationalization of what's taking place in every one activity. the reason is via a couple of questions about the subject less than dialogue that may function a refresher path for you. This ebook is for those who have textual content in a single layout, and wish it in one other, as quick as attainable. You don't want any event with textual content processing, yet you will want a few uncomplicated wisdom of Python.
Read or Download Python 2.6 Text Processing PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, procedure directors are offered with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a group of engineers may have needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer countless numbers or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are steadily exchanging their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which can make automation initiatives more straightforward. It additionally has wide set of third-party libraries and a really energetic improvement group. this adaptability makes Python a sensible choice for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technology purposes to process upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and indicates the way to observe Python scripting in perform. in contrast to nearly all of the Python books, it is going to assist you technique and unravel real-world concerns that the majority process directors will come upon of their careers.
* during this booklet, you'll find numerous initiatives within the different types of community management, internet server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one undertaking, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and struggle through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* every one undertaking is observed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll be capable to use instantly or adapt for your standards and surroundings.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * remedy real-world process management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a dispensed tracking method.
* deal with internet purposes and parse advanced log documents.
* instantly display screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
This ebook is essentially aimed toward skilled approach directors whose daily initiatives contain taking care of and dealing with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be invaluable for approach directors who are looking to research extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to unravel a number of method management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of studying this e-book, specifically in the event that they are curious about constructing automation and administration tools.
This publication assumes that readers already use Python and are happy with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet uncomplicated wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix atmosphere is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet software for IP tackle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP deal with software with DHCP
* protecting a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* collecting and providing Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* appearing complicated Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* an internet site Availability cost Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* information collecting and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse resolution
This booklet isn't for pro hackers. as a substitute, this booklet is made for rookies who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking strategies that may be simply understood were defined. when you in simple terms have a house workstation, you could try out all of the examples supplied right here. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of causes.
I purchased this booklet simply because i used to be having difficulty making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am rather a publication man, besides, and felt i wanted "The e-book" for Twisted. while the 1st web page an identical of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an academic or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is tips to shop textual content records, then this is often the ebook for you. This e-book is written for the most recent Python three, even if Python 2 is the generally chanced on model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Python Cookbook
- Integrating Python with Leading Computer Forensics Platforms
- A byte of Python
- Managing Your Biological Data with Python
- Python Penetration Testing Essentials
- Learning Python Design Patterns (2nd Edition)
Extra resources for Python 2.6 Text Processing
Open returns a file object and binds it to the file_stream attribute. The first argument to open is the file name; the second is the mode we wish to use. stdin to file_stream. Both of these objects are considered to be file-like objects. They implement the same set of core functionality, though the input sources are different. This is another example of polymorphism. Finally, we've wrapped our open method in a try/except block in order to catch any exceptions that may bubble up from the open function.
We can make one more simple change to our script so that we have native support for common compression formats. Time for action – handling compressed files In this example, we'll add support for common compression formats using Python's standard library. 1. py. Add a new function just below the MaxSizeHandler class. def get_stream(path): """ Detect compression. If the file name ends in a compression suffix, we'll open it using the correct algorith. If not, we just return a standard file object.
It's a great place to learn about available third-party applications. Links are provided to individual package documentation if it's not included directly into the package's PyPI page. Packaging in a nutshell There are at least two different popular methods of packaging and deploying Python packages. The distutils package is part of the standard distribution and provides a mechanism for building and installing Python software. Packages that take advantage of the distutils system are downloaded as a source distribution and built and installed by a local user.