By Brian K. Jones, David Beazley
Publish 12 months note: First released in 1996
If you wish support writing courses in Python three, or are looking to replace older Python 2 code, this publication is simply the price ticket. filled with functional recipes written and validated with Python 3.3, this designated cookbook is for skilled Python programmers who are looking to specialize in smooth instruments and idioms.
Inside, you’ll locate whole recipes for greater than a dozen issues, protecting the middle Python language in addition to projects universal to a large choice of software domain names. every one recipe includes code samples you should use on your tasks at once, in addition to a dialogue approximately how and why the answer works.
• info buildings and Algorithms
• Strings and Text
• Numbers, Dates, and Times
• Iterators and Generators
• documents and I/O
• information Encoding and Processing
• sessions and Objects
• Modules and Packages
• community and internet Programming
• software Scripting and method Administration
• checking out, Debugging, and Exceptions
• C Extensions
Read or Download Python Cookbook (3rd Edition) PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, approach directors are provided with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a crew of engineers may have needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer enormous quantities or millions of systems.
System directors are steadily changing their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries that may make automation initiatives more uncomplicated. It additionally has vast set of third-party libraries and a really lively improvement group. this pliability makes Python a sensible choice for a wide selection of initiatives, from prototyping technology functions to process upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and indicates tips to observe Python scripting in perform. not like nearly all of the Python books, it's going to allow you to method and get to the bottom of real-world matters that almost all approach directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this e-book, you will discover numerous tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one venture, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and wade through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* every one undertaking is observed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll have the ability to use instantly or adapt in your requisites and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * resolve real-world approach management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking approach.
* deal with net purposes and parse complicated log documents.
* immediately computer screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
This e-book is essentially geared toward skilled process directors whose day by day initiatives contain taking care of and dealing with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be precious for process directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel a variety of procedure management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of interpreting this publication, specially in the event that they are all in favour of constructing automation and administration tools.
This booklet assumes that readers already use Python and are pleased with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet simple wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix atmosphere is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and gathering functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* dealing with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net program for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle software with DHCP
* preserving a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* accumulating and featuring Statistical information from Apache Log Files
* acting complicated Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* a website Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* statistics collecting and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse answer
This e-book isn't for pro hackers. as a substitute, this ebook is made for rookies who've programming event and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking strategies that may be simply understood were defined. for those who merely have a house workstation, you could try all of the examples supplied the following. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of factors.
I purchased this booklet simply because i used to be having difficulty making feel out of the Twisted online documentation. i am rather a publication man, besides, and felt i wished "The ebook" for Twisted. whilst the 1st web page similar of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 due to a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose publication on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an academic or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is the best way to keep textual content documents, then this is often the e-book for you. This publication is written for the most recent Python three, even supposing Python 2 is the widely discovered model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- MongoDB and Python: Patterns and Processes for the Popular Document-Oriented Database
- Learning Python, Second Edition
- Robot Framework Test Automation
- MySQL for Python
Additional resources for Python Cookbook (3rd Edition)
S. * Some of the Python-based systems in the preceding list are very popular in their own right. org/ about/success) for more examples of Python-based applications. Some companies don’t disclose their Python use for competitive reasons, though many eventually become known when one of their web pages crashes and displays a Python error message in a browser. com/success. 10 | Chapter 1: Introducing Python of the Python language and is likely the most successful server-side application of Python so far.
Look for the third edition’s link on that page for all supplemental information related to this version of the book. As for the first two editions, I will also be maintaining a log on this web site of Python changes over time, which you should consider a supplemental appendix to this text. com, also has an errata report system, and you should consider the union of these two lists to be the official word on book bugs and updates. xl | Preface Contacting O’Reilly You can also address comments and questions about this book to the publisher: O’Reilly Media, Inc.
Today, the best estimates, based on developer surveys and network activity, suggest that there are likely between 750,000 and 1 million Python users worldwide. A better estimate is impossible because of Python’s open source nature, but Python clearly enjoys a large and active user community. Applications Real organizations have adopted Python and Python-focused systems for real projects. S. * Some of the Python-based systems in the preceding list are very popular in their own right. org/ about/success) for more examples of Python-based applications.