By David Beazley
Python crucial Reference, moment variation, is the definitive advisor to the Python programming language. Designed for programmers, it covers the center language, greater than a hundred modules within the usual library, and the recommendations used to increase Python with compiled systems in C or C++. assurance expands upon and clarifies current Python documentation - in particular for complex subject matters, together with working approach interfaces, threads, community programming, and Unicode. Concise, to the purpose, and widely listed, readers will locate this quantity choked with details now not formerly to be had in the other unmarried reference resource. up-to-date for Python 2.1, it's a must-have for any critical programmer desirous to strengthen complicated Python applications.As a complete connection with the Python programming language, this publication can assist you:Learn concerning the beneficial properties in Python 2.0 and 2.1Master the main points of Python varieties, operators, and the execution modelDiscover the main points of Unicode and internationalization supportLearn the main points of working method interfaces, threads, and network-programming modulesBuild C/C++ extensions to PythonMake potent use of the Python libraryFind the data you want to begin constructing complex Python purposes
Read Online or Download Python Essential Reference (2nd Edition) PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, procedure directors are provided with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a crew of engineers may need needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer countless numbers or millions of systems.
System directors are progressively changing their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a truly fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries that could make automation initiatives more straightforward. It additionally has broad set of third-party libraries and a truly energetic improvement neighborhood. this pliability makes Python a sensible choice for a large choice of projects, from prototyping technological know-how purposes to procedure upkeep and management jobs.
* This ebook explains and exhibits find out how to practice Python scripting in perform. in contrast to nearly all of the Python books, it's going to help you process and get to the bottom of real-world matters that almost all approach directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this e-book, you will discover a number of initiatives within the different types of community management, internet server management, and tracking and database administration. In each one venture, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and struggle through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* every one venture is followed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll be capable of use instantly or adapt for your specifications and surroundings.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * clear up real-world procedure management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a disbursed tracking method.
* deal with net functions and parse complicated log records.
* immediately video display and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this publication is for</h3>
This e-book is essentially geared toward skilled procedure directors whose day by day initiatives contain taking care of and handling small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be important for procedure directors who are looking to research extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to resolve quite a few procedure management problems.
Python builders also will reap the benefits of interpreting this e-book, specially in the event that they are interested in constructing automation and administration tools.
This booklet assumes that readers already use Python and are pleased with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet easy wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix setting is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and accumulating functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet program for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP tackle software with DHCP
* keeping an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* accumulating and proposing Statistical info from Apache Log Files
* acting complicated Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* an internet site Availability fee Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* records accumulating and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse answer
This booklet isn't really for pro hackers. as an alternative, this e-book is made for novices who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking strategies that may be simply understood were defined. when you basically have a house notebook, you could try all of the examples supplied right here. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of causes.
I purchased this e-book simply because i used to be having hassle making feel out of the Twisted online documentation. i am particularly a publication man, besides, and felt i wished "The ebook" for Twisted. while the 1st web page similar of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose booklet on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an educational or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is the best way to retailer textual content records, then this is often the publication for you. This e-book is written for the newest Python three, even supposing Python 2 is the widely came upon model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Java to Python
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Python: Best Practices for Development
- Getting Started with Beautiful Soup
- Learning Python Data Visualization
- Fundamentals of Python : from first programs through data structures
Additional resources for Python Essential Reference (2nd Edition)
Rindex(sub [,start [,end ]]) Finds the last occurrence of sub or raises an exception. rjust(width ) Right-aligns s in a string of length width . rstrip() Removes trailing whitespace. split([sep [,maxsplit ]]) Splits a string using sep as a delimiter. maxsplit is the maximum number of splits to perform. splitlines([keepends ]) Splits a string into a list of lines. If keepends is 1, trailing newlines are preserved. startswith(prefix [,start [,end ]]) Checks whether a string starts with prefix . strip() Removes leading and trailing whitespace.
Update(b ) method updates the current mapping object by inserting all the (key,value) pairs found in the mapping object b . get(k [,v ]) method retrieves an object, but allows for an optional default value v that s returned if no such object exists. get() except that in addition to returning v if no object exists, it sets m [k ] = v . If v is omitted, it defaults to None. popitem() method is used to iteratively destroy the contents of a dictionary. Callable Types Callable types represent objects that support the function call operation.
Join(t ) Joins the strings in list t using s as a delimiter. ljust(width ) Left-aligns s in a string of size width . lower() Returns s converted to lowercase. lstrip() Removes leading whitespace. replace(old , new [,maxreplace ]) Replaces the substring old with new . rfind(sub [,start [,end ]]) Finds the last occurrence of a substring. rindex(sub [,start [,end ]]) Finds the last occurrence of sub or raises an exception. rjust(width ) Right-aligns s in a string of length width . rstrip() Removes trailing whitespace.