By Mohammed Zuhair Al-Taie, Seifedine Kadry
This examine monograph offers the potential to profit the idea and perform of graph and community research utilizing the Python programming language. The social community research concepts, integrated, may help readers to successfully examine social facts from Twitter, fb, LiveJournal, GitHub and so forth at 3 degrees of intensity: ego, team, and neighborhood. they are going to be in a position to examine militant and progressive networks and candidate networks in the course of elections. for example, they'll find out how the Ebola virus unfold via groups.
Practically, the ebook is appropriate for classes on social community research in all disciplines that use social method. within the learn of social networks, social community research makes an attractive interdisciplinary study region, the place desktop scientists and sociologists convey their competence to a degree that may allow them to satisfy the demanding situations of this fast-developing box. desktop scientists have the information to parse and method facts whereas sociologists have the event that's required for effective information modifying and interpretation. Social community research has effectively been utilized in several fields reminiscent of health and wellbeing, cyber defense, enterprise, animal social networks, details retrieval, and communications.
Read or Download Python for Graph and Network Analysis PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, procedure directors are provided with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a workforce of engineers may need needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer countless numbers or millions of systems.
System directors are steadily exchanging their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a latest, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which may make automation initiatives more uncomplicated. It additionally has broad set of third-party libraries and a truly energetic improvement neighborhood. this pliability makes Python a good selection for a wide selection of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how functions to procedure upkeep and management jobs.
* This ebook explains and indicates how you can follow Python scripting in perform. not like the vast majority of the Python books, it is going to enable you to technique and unravel real-world concerns that the majority procedure directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this e-book, you will discover a number of tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In each one undertaking, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and wade through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* every one undertaking is followed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll manage to use instantly or adapt on your requisites and surroundings.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * clear up real-world procedure management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking procedure.
* deal with net purposes and parse complicated log documents.
* instantly visual display unit and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
This ebook is essentially geared toward skilled approach directors whose day by day initiatives contain taking care of and coping with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be priceless for method directors who are looking to research extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to unravel numerous method management problems.
Python builders also will reap the benefits of analyzing this publication, specially in the event that they are fascinated with constructing automation and administration tools.
This booklet assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet easy wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix setting is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net software for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle program with DHCP
* conserving a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* accumulating and providing Statistical info from Apache Log Files
* acting advanced Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* an internet site Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* records collecting and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse resolution
This ebook isn't for pro hackers. in its place, this ebook is made for newcomers who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking ideas that may be simply understood were defined. when you in basic terms have a house workstation, you could try all of the examples supplied right here. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of reasons.
I purchased this publication simply because i used to be having difficulty making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am particularly a e-book man, besides, and felt i wanted "The ebook" for Twisted. while the 1st web page identical of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a unfastened publication on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is easy methods to shop textual content records, then this is often the publication for you. This publication is written for the newest Python three, even if Python 2 is the generally chanced on model of Python this day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Core Python Programming (2nd Edition)
- Python Testing: Beginner's Guide
- Pro IronPython
- IPython Notebook Essentials
- Data Structures and Algorithms Using Python and C++
- Python Tools for Visual Studio
Extra resources for Python for Graph and Network Analysis
We can also use the tkplot() function to move the points of a graph around, which gives us an interactive plotting pane. The result of the above execution is an interactive pane that allows us to drag nodes and change their positions, which is a great feature. There is another function called rglplot() that allows to fly through the graph in a pseudo 3D manner and get a deeper insight of the graph structure. Before we can use this function, we need to install the rgl package. On RStudio, choose packages → install → rgl.
Eulerian graphs are named after his name. 1). Freeman (2004) traced the first use of visual images back to Jacob Moreno (1932–1934), a psychologist, who used what is called “sociogram” (also known as the node-link diagram) as a method to represent the interpersonal structure of a group of people. The use of graph theory in the study of social relations was commenced by a group of mathematicians and psychologists in the 1940s. Graph theory allows researchers to prove theorems and deduce testable statements.
It is also possible to draw random graphs using iGraph. 16). 6 iGraph 31 7 9 6 8 4 5 3 2 1 Fig. 15 Simple graph representation in iGraph 28 27 26 16 15 14 9 5 25 24 18 8 3 23 6 2 19 1 10 29 7 30 21 4 22 20 12 11 13 Fig. 16 Random graph representation in iGraph 17 32 1 Theoretical Concepts of Network Analysis 25 26 27 28 29 30 19 20 21 22 23 24 13 14 15 16 17 18 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 Fig. harel layout There are different layouts to plot this very same graph. kawai, gem, etc. 17). We can also use the tkplot() function to move the points of a graph around, which gives us an interactive plotting pane.