By Steven F. Lott
Research, encrypt, and discover intelligence info utilizing Python, the basic software for all aspiring mystery agents
About This Book
Build a toolbox of Python contraptions for password restoration, forex conversion, and civic info hacking
Use stenography to conceal mystery messages in images
Get to grips with geocoding to discover villains’ mystery lairs
Who This booklet Is For
If you're a Python newbie who's trying to research the language via attention-grabbing tasks, this publication is for you. A simple wisdom of programming and facts is helpful to get the main out of the book.
Read or Download Python for Secret Agents PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, process directors are awarded with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a group of engineers may need needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer enormous quantities or millions of systems.
System directors are steadily exchanging their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a latest, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which can make automation initiatives more straightforward. It additionally has huge set of third-party libraries and a really energetic improvement neighborhood. this adaptability makes Python a good selection for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how purposes to approach upkeep and management jobs.
* This publication explains and exhibits how you can practice Python scripting in perform. not like nearly all of the Python books, it's going to enable you strategy and unravel real-world matters that the majority approach directors will come upon of their careers.
* during this ebook, you'll find a number of initiatives within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one undertaking, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and battle through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* every one venture is followed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll manage to use instantly or adapt in your standards and setting.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * resolve real-world method management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a dispensed tracking process.
* deal with internet purposes and parse complicated log documents.
* instantly computer screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
This publication is essentially geared toward skilled approach directors whose daily initiatives contain taking care of and dealing with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be priceless for method directors who are looking to examine extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel a number of procedure management problems.
Python builders also will reap the benefits of examining this booklet, in particular in the event that they are curious about constructing automation and administration tools.
This ebook assumes that readers already use Python and are pleased with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet uncomplicated wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and accumulating functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net program for IP tackle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP tackle software with DHCP
* conserving an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and providing Statistical info from Apache Log Files
* acting advanced Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* a website Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* records accumulating and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse resolution
This publication isn't for pro hackers. in its place, this booklet is made for newbies who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking ideas that may be simply understood were defined. in the event you in simple terms have a house laptop, you could try out the entire examples supplied the following. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of motives.
I purchased this ebook simply because i used to be having difficulty making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am relatively a booklet man, besides, and felt i wished "The booklet" for Twisted. whilst the 1st web page an identical of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 due to a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an academic or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is how one can retailer textual content records, then this is often the booklet for you. This publication is written for the newest Python three, even supposing Python 2 is the generally came upon model of Python this present day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Beginning Python: From Novice to Professional (2nd Edition)
- Twisted Network Programming Essentials
- NumPy Cookbook
- Expert Python Programming: Best practices for designing, coding, and distributing your Python software
- Application of Machine Learning
Extra resources for Python for Secret Agents
The SSH standard includes a file-transfer protocol, SFTP. This is a part of SSH and is separate from other FTP variants. This is supported by the ftplib module, even though it's really a different protocol. In some cases, FTP access is anonymous. No security credentials (such as usernames or passwords) are used. This is usually reserved for download-only content. Sometimes, anonymous access expects a placeholder username and password—the username should be anonymous, and typically, your e-mail address is used as a password.
That, in turn, can tell us what floating-point libraries were used. This may help determine which underlying mathematical libraries are in use. Decimal numbers We need to be careful with money. Words to live by: the accountants watching over spies are a tight-fisted bunch. What's important is that floating-point numbers are an approximation. We can't rely on approximations when working with money. For currency, we need exact decimal values, nothing else will do. Decimal numbers can be used with the help of an extension module.
Yes, there's an extra , at the end. This is legal in Python. HTTPConnection object using the host computer name. This connection object is a little like a file; it entangles Python with operating system resources on our local computer plus a remote server. Unlike a file, an HTTPConnection object isn't a proper context manager. closing() function to handle the context management details. The connection needs to be closed; the closing() function assures that this will happen by calling the connection's close() method.