By Noah Gift, Jeremy Jones
Python is a perfect language for fixing difficulties, particularly in Linux and Unix networks. With this pragmatic publication, directors can assessment a number of projects that frequently take place within the administration of those structures, and learn the way Python supplies a extra effective and not more painful technique to deal with them.
Read or Download Python for Unix and Linux System Administration [Noah Gift] (2009) PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, approach directors are awarded with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a staff of engineers may have needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer hundreds of thousands or millions of systems.
System directors are progressively exchanging their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a latest, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which may make automation projects more uncomplicated. It additionally has vast set of third-party libraries and a truly energetic improvement group. this adaptability makes Python a good selection for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how purposes to process upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and exhibits the best way to observe Python scripting in perform. not like nearly all of the Python books, it's going to assist you to procedure and get to the bottom of real-world matters that the majority process directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this publication, you can find a number of tasks within the different types of community management, internet server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one undertaking, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and battle through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* every one undertaking is observed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll be ready to use instantly or adapt in your necessities and setting.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * clear up real-world procedure management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking approach.
* deal with internet functions and parse complicated log documents.
* instantly video display and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
This e-book is essentially aimed toward skilled method directors whose daily initiatives contain taking care of and coping with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be necessary for process directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel a number of approach management problems.
Python builders also will reap the benefits of interpreting this e-book, particularly in the event that they are curious about constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are happy with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet simple wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and gathering functionality facts utilizing SNMP1
* coping with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net program for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle program with DHCP
* preserving an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* collecting and providing Statistical information from Apache Log Files
* acting complicated Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* a website Availability fee Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* records accumulating and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse answer
This publication isn't for pro hackers. in its place, this ebook is made for newcomers who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking ideas that may be simply understood were defined. if you happen to in simple terms have a house computing device, you could attempt all of the examples supplied right here. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of causes.
I purchased this e-book simply because i used to be having difficulty making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am relatively a publication man, besides, and felt i wished "The ebook" for Twisted. whilst the 1st web page identical of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose e-book on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an educational or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is how you can keep textual content documents, then this is often the ebook for you. This publication is written for the most recent Python three, even if Python 2 is the generally discovered model of Python this present day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Python Projects
- Beginning Python: Using Python 2.6 and Python 3.1 (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)
- Data Structures and Algorithms Using Python and C++
- Mastering Regular Expressions (3rd Edition)
Extra resources for Python for Unix and Linux System Administration [Noah Gift] (2009)
See Examples 1-2 and 1-3. Example 1-2. call([diskspace, diskspace_arg]) Example 1-3. /usr/bin/env bash #A System Information Gathering Script #Command 1 UNAME="uname -a" printf “Gathering system information with the $UNAME command: \n\n" $UNAME #Command 2 DISKSPACE="df -h" printf "Gathering diskspace information with the $DISKSPACE command: \n\n" $DISKSPACE If we look at both of the scripts, we see that they look a lot a like. And if we run them, we see that the output of each is identical. call.
Py file. py install). This will install the libraries for IPython in your site-packages directory and 22 | Chapter 2: IPython create an ipython script in your scripts directory. On UNIXes, this is typically the same directory that the python binary is located in. If you are using a python that was installed with your system’s package manager, it (and consequently ipython) will likely be located in /usr/bin. 3 in some examples. A second option for installing IPython is to use a package from your system’s package management system.
As of this book’s writing, he is employed as a software specialist in the Smartphone department of Digia Plc, doing C++ development for Symbian OS platforms from Nokia and UIQ. During his studies, he functioned as software engineer at Cimcorp Oy, developing communications software, in Python, for industrial robots. x series), since January 2006. His IPython work started with a series of patches to make IPython behave better as a system shell on Windows, and the system shell use case is still a strong personal focus.