By Harvey M. Deitel, Paul Deitel, Jonathan P. Liperi, Ben Wiedermann
The authoritative DEITELT LIVE-CODET advent to Python programming This new ebook by way of the world's best programming language textbook authors conscientiously explains the best way to use Python as a general-purpose programming language and the way to software multi-tier, client/server, database-intensive, web- and Web-based purposes. Dr. Harvey M. Deitel and Paul J. Deitel are the founders of Deitel & affiliates, Inc., the internationally-recognized corporate-training and content-creation association focusing on Python, visible BasicR .NET, C#, visible C++R .NET, JavaT, C++, C, XML, Perl, web, internet, instant and item applied sciences. The Deitels are the authors of numerous around the globe number one programming-language textbooks, together with Java tips to software, 4/e, C++ tips to software, 3/e and web & world-wide-web easy methods to application, 2/e. In Python tips to application, the Deitels and their colleagues, Jonathan Liperi and Ben Wiedermann, talk about themes you must construct whole Web-based purposes, together with: * HTML/XHTMLT/CSST* Python Server Pages/CGI* Networking/Sockets* GUI/Tkinter/Python Mega Widgets* PyOpenGL/Multimedia/Accessibility* Databases/DB-API/SQL* dossier Processing/Serialization* Modules/Classes/Class Attributes* classification Customization/Method Overriding* keep an eye on Structures/Functions/Inheritance* String Manipulation/Regular Expressions* Lists/Tuples/Dictionaries/Data buildings* approach Management/Multithreading* Interprocess conversation* Exceptions/XML Processing* Security/Restricted Execution
Read Online or Download Python How to Program PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, procedure directors are offered with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a group of engineers may have needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer hundreds and hundreds or millions of systems.
System directors are progressively changing their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a latest, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which may make automation initiatives more straightforward. It additionally has vast set of third-party libraries and a really energetic improvement group. this adaptability makes Python a sensible choice for a large choice of projects, from prototyping technological know-how purposes to process upkeep and management jobs.
* This ebook explains and exhibits tips on how to observe Python scripting in perform. not like nearly all of the Python books, it is going to enable you procedure and get to the bottom of real-world concerns that the majority process directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this e-book, you'll find numerous initiatives within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one venture, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and battle through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* every one venture is followed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll manage to use instantly or adapt for your necessities and setting.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * clear up real-world approach management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking process.
* deal with net functions and parse advanced log records.
* instantly display screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this ebook is for</h3>
This ebook is essentially aimed toward skilled approach directors whose daily projects contain taking care of and coping with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be invaluable for method directors who are looking to examine extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to resolve numerous procedure management problems.
Python builders also will reap the benefits of interpreting this booklet, particularly in the event that they are thinking about constructing automation and administration tools.
This ebook assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet uncomplicated wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net program for IP tackle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle program with DHCP
* conserving an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* collecting and offering Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* acting complicated Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* an internet site Availability cost Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* information accumulating and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse answer
This ebook isn't really for pro hackers. as a substitute, this publication is made for rookies who've programming event and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking thoughts that may be simply understood were defined. if you happen to basically have a house laptop, you could try out the entire examples supplied the following. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of factors.
I purchased this publication simply because i used to be having difficulty making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am particularly a booklet man, besides, and felt i wished "The e-book" for Twisted. while the 1st web page identical of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 due to a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a unfastened ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an academic or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is how you can keep textual content records, then this is often the ebook for you. This publication is written for the most recent Python three, although Python 2 is the generally came across model of Python this present day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Foundations for Analytics with Python
- Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (2nd Edition)
- Soil Physics with Python: Transport in the Soil-Plant-Atmosphere System
- Learning BeagleBone Python Programming
- Mastering Regular Expressions (3rd Edition)
- Python GUI Programming Cookbook
Additional resources for Python How to Program
2 displays the text Welcome to Python! to the screen (note, again, that the double quotes delineating the screen do not print). After printing the text to the screen, the interpreter waits for the user to enter the next statement. We exit interactive mode by typing the Ctrl-Z end-of-file character (on Microsoft Windows systems) and pressing the Enter key. 3 lists the keyboard combinations for the end-of-file character for various computer systems. 2b2 (#26, Nov 16 2001, 11:44:11) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
E) Python modules. 4 Translator programs, such as assemblers and compilers, convert programs from one language (referred to as the source language) to another language (referred to as the object language). Determine which of the following statements are true and which are false: a) A compiler translates high-level language programs into object language. b) An assembler translates source-language programs into machine-language programs. c) A compiler converts source-language programs into object-language programs.
Such a comment typically documents the Python code that appears at the beginning of that line. Unlike other programming languages, Python does not have a separate symbol for a multiple-line comment, so each line of multiple-line comment must start with the # symbol. ” describes the purpose of the program (line 2). 1 Place abundant comments throughout a program. , discovering and removing errors in a program) and list useful information. Comments also help you understand your programs when you revisit the code for modifications or updates.