By Alex Martelli, Anna Ravenscroft, Steve Holden
Useful in lots of roles, from layout and prototyping to trying out, deployment, and upkeep, Python is constantly ranked between today’s most well liked programming languages. The 3rd version of this useful publication offers a brief connection with the language—including Python 3.5, 2.7, and highlights of 3.6—commonly used components of its mammoth typical library, and a few of the main worthwhile third-party modules and packages.
Ideal for programmers with a few Python event, and people coming to Python from different programming languages, this e-book covers quite a lot of program components, together with internet and community programming, XML dealing with, database interactions, and high-speed numeric computing. realize how Python offers a special mixture of beauty, simplicity, practicality, and sheer power.
This variation covers:
- Python syntax, Object-Oriented Python, normal library modules, and third-party Python packages
- Python’s help for dossier and textual content operations, patience and databases, concurrent execution, and numeric computations
- Networking fundamentals, event-driven programming, and client-side community protocol modules
- Python extension modules, and instruments for packaging and allotting extensions, modules, and applications
Read or Download Python in a Nutshell. A Desktop Quick Reference PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, method directors are awarded with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a crew of engineers may have needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer enormous quantities or millions of systems.
System directors are steadily exchanging their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries that may make automation initiatives more uncomplicated. It additionally has large set of third-party libraries and a really energetic improvement neighborhood. this adaptability makes Python a good selection for a wide selection of projects, from prototyping technological know-how functions to process upkeep and management jobs.
* This ebook explains and exhibits tips to follow Python scripting in perform. not like nearly all of the Python books, it's going to enable you to method and unravel real-world concerns that almost all method directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this ebook, you can find a number of tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In each one undertaking, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and struggle through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* each one undertaking is followed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll manage to use instantly or adapt on your necessities and setting.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * remedy real-world approach management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a disbursed tracking process.
* deal with net purposes and parse complicated log documents.
* immediately video display and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this publication is for</h3>
This publication is basically geared toward skilled method directors whose daily projects contain taking care of and handling small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be helpful for method directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to resolve a number of process management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of interpreting this ebook, specifically in the event that they are all for constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are pleased with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet easy wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* coping with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet software for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP deal with software with DHCP
* protecting a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* accumulating and featuring Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* acting advanced Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* an internet site Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* records accumulating and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse answer
This booklet isn't really for pro hackers. as an alternative, this publication is made for rookies who've programming event and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking innovations that may be simply understood were defined. if you happen to merely have a house laptop, you could try out all of the examples supplied the following. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of reasons.
I purchased this ebook simply because i used to be having difficulty making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am quite a e-book man, besides, and felt i wanted "The ebook" for Twisted. whilst the 1st web page identical of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a unfastened booklet on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is tips to retailer textual content documents, then this can be the publication for you. This ebook is written for the newest Python three, even supposing Python 2 is the generally stumbled on model of Python this day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Learn to Program with Python
- Programming Google App Engine: Build and Run Scalable Web Apps on Google's Infrastructure (Animal Guide)
- Python Recipes Handbook: A Problem-Solution Approach
Additional resources for Python in a Nutshell. A Desktop Quick Reference
The Python interpreter also lets you execute Python code interactively, as do IDEs. exe on Win‐ dows). python includes both the interpreter itself and the Python compiler, which is implicitly invoked, as and if needed, on imported modules. Depending on your sys‐ tem, the program may typically have to be in a directory listed in your PATH envi‐ ronment variable. exe, the launcher, installs in the system area of Windows and is therefore guaranteed—bar‐ ring deliberate further manipulation on your part—to be always on the PATH.
In both v2 and v3, you may choose to tell Python that a certain source file is written in a different encoding. In this case, Python uses that encoding to read the file (in v2, you can use non-ASCII characters only in comments and string literals). # coding: iso-8859-1 After coding:, write the name of a codec known to Python and ASCII-compatible, such as utf-8 or iso-8859-1. Note that this coding directive comment (also known as an encoding declaration) is taken as such only if it is at the start of a source file (possibly after the “shebang line,” covered in “Running Python Programs” on page 30).
A hexadecimal literal is 0x followed by a sequence of hexadecimal digits (0 to 9 and A to F, in either upper- or lowercase). maxint, integer literals are instances of built-in type long; v3 does not draw that distinction, but rather uses int as the type of all integers). ), an exponent suffix (an e or E, optionally followed by + or -, followed by one or more digits), or both. ). 0e0 # Floating-point literals A Python floating-point value corresponds to a C double and shares its limits of range and precision, typically 53 bits of precision on modern platforms.