By Mark Lutz
Up to date for either Python 3.4 and 2.7, this handy pocket advisor is the fitting on-the-job speedy reference. You'll locate concise, need-to-know info on Python kinds and statements, exact process names, integrated services and exceptions, time-honored typical library modules, and different sought after Python instruments. The convenient index enables you to pinpoint precisely what you need.
Written by way of Mark Lutz—widely famous because the world's best Python trainer—Python Pocket Reference is a perfect better half to O'Reilly's vintage Python tutorials, Learning Python and Programming Python, additionally written via Mark.
This 5th version covers:
• integrated item forms, together with numbers, lists, dictionaries, and more
• Statements and syntax for growing and processing objects
• capabilities and modules for structuring and reusing code
• Python's object-oriented programming tools
• integrated features, exceptions, and attributes
• distinctive operator overloading methods
• common ordinary library modules and extensions
• Command-line techniques and improvement tools
• Python idioms and hints
• The Python SQL Database API
Read Online or Download Python Pocket Reference (5th Edition) PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, method directors are awarded with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a group of engineers may have needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer 1000's or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are progressively exchanging their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which may make automation initiatives more uncomplicated. It additionally has vast set of third-party libraries and a truly energetic improvement neighborhood. this pliability makes Python a sensible choice for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how functions to procedure upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and indicates the right way to follow Python scripting in perform. in contrast to nearly all of the Python books, it is going to assist you procedure and get to the bottom of real-world matters that the majority process directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this ebook, you'll find a number of tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one venture, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and struggle through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* each one venture is observed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll manage to use instantly or adapt in your standards and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * remedy real-world procedure management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking process.
* deal with internet functions and parse advanced log documents.
* instantly visual display unit and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
This publication is essentially geared toward skilled process directors whose daily projects contain taking care of and dealing with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be priceless for approach directors who are looking to research extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to resolve a variety of process management problems.
Python builders also will make the most of analyzing this e-book, specially in the event that they are inquisitive about constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet simple wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and accumulating functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* dealing with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet software for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP deal with software with DHCP
* conserving an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and offering Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* appearing complicated Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* a website Availability fee Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* records accumulating and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse answer
This publication isn't for pro hackers. as an alternative, this booklet is made for novices who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking concepts that may be simply understood were defined. if you happen to in simple terms have a house laptop, you could try all of the examples supplied the following. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of causes.
I purchased this booklet simply because i used to be having hassle making feel out of the Twisted online documentation. i am fairly a publication man, besides, and felt i wanted "The publication" for Twisted. whilst the 1st web page similar of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an academic or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is tips on how to keep textual content documents, then this is often the e-book for you. This booklet is written for the most recent Python three, although Python 2 is the widely stumbled on model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices For Django 1.5
- IPython Notebook Essentials
- Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (2nd Edition)
- NumPy Beginner’s Guide (2nd Edition)
- Python Projects
Extra info for Python Pocket Reference (5th Edition)
It is not, so this condition is False and we skip the if-block. Next we execute line 25. 25. if guess == number: We check if guess (the integer 8) is equal than number (the integer 8). It is, so we enter the ifblock at line 26. 26. break The break statement tells us to break out of the while-block that we are inside, and go to the first line after the while-block. This will be line 28. 28. if guess == number: We check if guess (the integer 8) is equal than number (the integer 8). It is, so we enter the ifblock at line 29.
If you delete the pound sign, then this code will no longer be a comment and would be executed with the rest of the program. In IDLE, you can easily see that this is a comment and not code because it is in red text. 14. print 'Color: ' + favoriteColor 15. print 'Animal: ' + favoriteAnimal 16. print 'Food: ' + favoriteFood These three lines will display our favorite things once again. When the last line of the program executes, the program terminates. Crazy Answers and Crazy Names for our Favorite Stuff The computer doesn't really care what you type in.
After this line runs, guess stores the integer 12 instead of the string '12'. 17. guessesTaken = guessesTaken + 1 The value stored in guessesTaken is 0 (this was set on line 4). We want to keep track of how many guesses the player has taken, so we make the new value of guessesTaken to be the current value of guessesTaken plus one. After this line executes, guessesTaken will now hold the integer 1. 19. if guess < number: Now we check if the if-statement's condition is True. The value of guess is the integer 12 (set on line 15), and the value of number is 8 (set on line 9).