By John Zelle
Notice: It's the initial 2d variation, contents are the same.
This is the second one version of John Zelle's Python Programming, up-to-date for Python three. This ebook is designed for use because the basic textbook in a college-level first path in computing. It takes a pretty conventional strategy, emphasizing challenge fixing, layout, and programming because the middle abilities of computing device technology. even though, those rules are illustrated utilizing a non-traditional language, particularly Python. even supposing Python is used because the language, educating Python isn't the major element of this ebook. fairly, Python is used to demonstrate primary ideas of layout and programming that observe in any language or computing setting. In a few locations, i've got purposely shunned sure Python good points and idioms that aren't often present in different languages. There are already many stable books approximately Python out there; this ebook is meant as an advent to computing. beneficial properties comprise the next: *Extensive use of special effects. *Interesting examples. *Readable prose. *Flexible spiral assurance. *Just-in-time item insurance. *Extensive end-of-chapter difficulties.
Read Online or Download Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science (2nd Edition) PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, approach directors are offered with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a group of engineers may have needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer 1000's or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are progressively exchanging their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries that may make automation projects more straightforward. It additionally has vast set of third-party libraries and a really energetic improvement group. this adaptability makes Python a good selection for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technology purposes to method upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and exhibits the way to follow Python scripting in perform. not like the vast majority of the Python books, it is going to provide help to strategy and get to the bottom of real-world concerns that almost all approach directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this booklet, you can find numerous initiatives within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one undertaking, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and struggle through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* each one venture is followed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll be capable to use instantly or adapt on your requisites and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * clear up real-world procedure management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a disbursed tracking approach.
* deal with internet purposes and parse complicated log records.
* instantly video display and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this ebook is for</h3>
This booklet is basically aimed toward skilled procedure directors whose daily initiatives contain taking care of and coping with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be valuable for method directors who are looking to examine extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel quite a few method management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of analyzing this ebook, particularly in the event that they are desirous about constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are happy with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet simple wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* dealing with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net program for IP tackle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP tackle software with DHCP
* preserving an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* accumulating and proposing Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* appearing advanced Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* a website Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* records accumulating and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse answer
This e-book isn't really for pro hackers. as a substitute, this booklet is made for novices who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking options that may be simply understood were defined. in case you merely have a house computing device, you could attempt the entire examples supplied the following. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of motives.
I purchased this booklet simply because i used to be having hassle making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am quite a ebook man, besides, and felt i wished "The e-book" for Twisted. while the 1st web page an identical of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose e-book on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is tips to store textual content records, then this can be the booklet for you. This ebook is written for the most recent Python three, although Python 2 is the generally chanced on model of Python this present day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Python for Probability, Statistics, and Machine Learning
- Learning Python Data Visualization
- Getting Started with RStudio
- Coding Club Level 3 Python: Building Big Apps
- Python Programming for Teens
- Mastering Python regular expressions
Extra resources for Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science (2nd Edition)
We can trace the execution of these statements step-by-step to see why. Suppose x and y start with the values 2 and 4. Let’s examine the logic of the program to see how the variables change. The following sequence uses comments to describe what happens to the variables as these two statements are executed: # # x # y # variables initial values = y now = x final x 2 y 4 4 4 4 4 See how the first statement clobbers the original value of x by assigning to it the value of y? When we then assign x to y in the second step, we just end up with two copies of the original y value.
The expression, 10 / 3 produces 3 because three gozinta (goes into) ten three times (with a remainder of one). While the result of integer division is always an integer, the data type of the result depends on the data type of the operands. A float integer-divided by a float produces a float with a 0 fractional component. The last two interactions demonstrate the remainder operation %. The remainder of integer-dividing 10 by 3 is 1. Notice again that the data type of the result depends on the type of the operands.
5 Assignment Statements One of the most important kinds of statements in Python is the assignment statement. We’ve already seen a number of these in our previous examples. 5. Assignment Statements 29 Here variable is an identifier and expr is an expression. The semantics of the assignment is that the expression on the right side is evaluated to produce a value, which is then associated with the variable named on the left side. 9 * x * (1 - x) fahrenheit = 9 / 5 * celsius + 32 x = 5 A variable can be assigned many times.