By Kent D. Lee
Computer programming is a ability that may carry nice leisure from the creativity fascinated with designing and imposing an answer to an issue. This classroom-tested and easy-to-follow textbook teaches the reader the right way to application utilizing Python, an available language which are discovered incrementally. via an in depth use of examples and useful routines, scholars will learn how to realize and follow summary styles in programming, in addition to easy methods to check out the kingdom of a software utilizing a debugger tool.
- Contains a number of examples and solved perform routines designed for an interactive school room surroundings
- Highlights numerous styles which as a rule look in courses, and offers routines that make stronger popularity and alertness of those styles
- Introduces using a debugger, and contains helping fabric that finds how courses paintings
- Presents the Tkinter framework for development graphical person interface purposes and event-driven courses
- Provides invaluable extra assets for teachers on the linked web site: http://cs.luther.edu/~leekent/CS1
This hands-on textbook for energetic studying within the lecture room will allow undergraduates in desktop technology to advance the mandatory abilities to start constructing their very own courses. It employs Python because the introductory language as a result wealth of help on hand for programmers.
Dr. Kent D. Lee is affiliate Professor of computing device technological know-how on the division of desktop technological know-how at Luther collage, Decorah, Iowa, united states. he's the writer of the winning Springer textbook, Programming Languages: An lively studying Approach.
Read or Download Python Programming Fundamentals PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, procedure directors are provided with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a group of engineers may have needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer countless numbers or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are steadily exchanging their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which could make automation initiatives more uncomplicated. It additionally has broad set of third-party libraries and a really lively improvement neighborhood. this adaptability makes Python a sensible choice for a large choice of projects, from prototyping technology functions to procedure upkeep and management jobs.
* This booklet explains and exhibits how you can follow Python scripting in perform. in contrast to nearly all of the Python books, it is going to make it easier to strategy and get to the bottom of real-world concerns that almost all procedure directors will come upon of their careers.
* during this publication, you will discover numerous tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one undertaking, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and struggle through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* every one venture is observed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll be capable to use instantly or adapt for your specifications and setting.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * remedy real-world approach management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking procedure.
* deal with internet purposes and parse complicated log documents.
* instantly visual display unit and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
This booklet is basically aimed toward skilled procedure directors whose day by day projects contain taking care of and dealing with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be helpful for process directors who are looking to research extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to unravel numerous procedure management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of interpreting this publication, in particular in the event that they are considering constructing automation and administration tools.
This ebook assumes that readers already use Python and are happy with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet easy wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and accumulating functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* coping with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net program for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle software with DHCP
* holding a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and offering Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* appearing complicated Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* a website Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* records collecting and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse resolution
This booklet isn't for pro hackers. in its place, this ebook is made for newcomers who've programming event and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking strategies that may be simply understood were defined. should you basically have a house workstation, you could attempt all of the examples supplied right here. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of factors.
I purchased this e-book simply because i used to be having difficulty making feel out of the Twisted online documentation. i am fairly a publication man, besides, and felt i wished "The e-book" for Twisted. whilst the 1st web page identical of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 due to a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a unfastened e-book on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an academic or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is the right way to store textual content documents, then this is often the publication for you. This booklet is written for the newest Python three, even if Python 2 is the generally chanced on model of Python this present day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Modern Tkinter for Busy Python Developers: Quickly learn to create great looking user interfaces for Windows, Mac and Linux using Python's standard GUI toolkit
- Getting Started with Python and Raspberry Pi
- Python Programming for Teens
- A byte of Python
- High Performance Python: Practical Performant Programming for Humans
- Pro Python System Administration (2nd Edition)
Extra info for Python Programming Fundamentals
6 There is no solution needed for this exercise. Try it out and if you have problems, talk to your instructor or someone who can help to make sure you get this working before proceeding. 7 1. An assignment statement is written as
For instance, you might write a program that reads data from a file and takes one action or another based on the data it read. Or, a program might get some input from a user and then take one of several actions based on that input. To make a choice in Python you write an if statement. An if statement takes one of two forms. It may be just an if statement. In this case, if the condition evaluates to true then it will evaluate the then statements. If the condition is not true the computer will skip to the statements after the if statement.
In Fig. 18 the type of the result is a float if either operand is a float unless noted otherwise in the table. 5 if it is written 81/2. However, if it is written 83//2 then the result is 41. This goes back to long division as we first learned in elementary school. 83//2 is 41 with a remainder of 1. The result of floor division isn’t always an int. 0 so be careful. While floor division returns an integer, it doesn’t necessarily return an int. We can insure a number is a float or an integer by writing float or int in front of the number.