By Richard Hightower
Characterised by way of ease of use, richness of expression, and concise syntax, Python has remained a greatest programming language for greater than a decade, and is utilized by rookies and pros alike. specifically, its shut courting to Java(TM) makes the 2 languages, while utilized in blend, excellent for internet and dispensed firm program development.This educational starts off with assurance of a few of the fundamentals of Python programming. utilizing lots of skill-building routines and interactive programming classes, this ebook may also help these new to programming strengthen an realizing of strategies and sensible recommendations. for knowledgeable programmers, the booklet demonstrates Python's breadth of services and exhibits the ways in which Python interfaces with Java APIs for pro program development.Python Programming with the Java(TM) type Libraries: an instructional for development net and firm purposes with Jython covers vital subject matters akin to: basic programming suggestions, together with statements, expressions, interpreters, and compilers Python fundamentals, together with operators, string formatting, namespaces, sessions, error, and exceptions Object-oriented programming options dossier input/output Python's intrinsic capabilities Formatting, parsing, and manipulating strings Interfacing with the Java APIs and dealing with Java Streams utilizing Python and Java Swing to create GUIs operating with SQL and JDBC(TM) Python and Java applets furthermore, the booklet includes directions for downloading and fitting the Python language and the Java improvement package (JDK). Terminology, definitions, factors, and various code samples make this e-book an invaluable studying experience.Whether you're a refined computing device consumer new to programming or a significant program developer, Python Programming with the Java(TM) type Libraries offers you perception into the ability of Python and the information to place it to paintings.
Read or Download Python Programming with the Java™ Class Libraries: A Tutorial for Building Web and Enterprise Applications with Jython PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, procedure directors are provided with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a crew of engineers may need needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer hundreds and hundreds or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are steadily changing their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a truly fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which may make automation projects more uncomplicated. It additionally has wide set of third-party libraries and a really lively improvement group. this pliability makes Python a sensible choice for a large choice of projects, from prototyping technological know-how functions to process upkeep and management jobs.
* This booklet explains and indicates tips on how to practice Python scripting in perform. in contrast to the vast majority of the Python books, it is going to aid you method and unravel real-world concerns that the majority process directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this publication, you can find a number of initiatives within the different types of community management, internet server management, and tracking and database administration. In each one venture, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and wade through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* every one venture is observed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll have the ability to use instantly or adapt in your specifications and setting.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * resolve real-world procedure management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking process.
* deal with net purposes and parse advanced log records.
* instantly visual display unit and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this publication is for</h3>
This e-book is essentially aimed toward skilled method directors whose daily initiatives contain taking care of and dealing with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be worthy for method directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to unravel numerous process management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of studying this booklet, specifically in the event that they are keen on constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are happy with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet easy wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix atmosphere is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality facts utilizing SNMP1
* coping with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet program for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle software with DHCP
* preserving a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* accumulating and offering Statistical information from Apache Log Files
* acting advanced Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* a website Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* statistics collecting and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse answer
This booklet isn't for pro hackers. in its place, this e-book is made for novices who've programming event and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking suggestions that may be simply understood were defined. if you happen to purely have a house computing device, you could attempt the entire examples supplied the following. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of motives.
I purchased this booklet simply because i used to be having difficulty making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am relatively a ebook man, besides, and felt i wanted "The booklet" for Twisted. whilst the 1st web page similar of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 due to a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a unfastened e-book on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is the right way to store textual content documents, then this can be the e-book for you. This ebook is written for the newest Python three, even supposing Python 2 is the generally came across model of Python this present day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Getting Started with Beautiful Soup
- Learning Python Application Development
- Expert Python Programming: Best practices for designing, coding, and distributing your Python software
- Learn Python the Hard Way (1st Edition)
- Python: Visual QuickStart Guide (2nd Edition)
- Building Machine Learning Systems with Python (2nd Edition)
Additional info for Python Programming with the Java™ Class Libraries: A Tutorial for Building Web and Enterprise Applications with Jython
You can even use slice notation, which we learned about in Chapter 1. 0, 50000000000000000L] >>> You can tell a list by the square brackets ([ ]) that surround it. Empty brackets mean that there are no items in the list. Lists can be added and multiplied. >>> list1 =  #create an empty list >>> list2 = ["a", "b", 10, 11, 12, 13] >>> list1 # show the empty lists contents  >>> list2 #show the contents of the list with items ['a', 'b', 10, 11, 12, 13] >>> list1 = list2 + list2 #add the lists together >>> list1 ['a', 'b', 10, 11, 12, 13, 'a', 'b', 10, 11, 12, 13] >>> list1 = list2 * 2 #multiply a list >>> list1 ['a', 'b', 10, 11, 12, 13, 'a', 'b', 10, 11, 12, 13] You can also append and remove list items, with the list object's append() and remove() methods.
Just remember that if's subordinate statements must be indented. ) The ... prompt tells you to enter the subordinate statement, print. Make sure to indent print, and then hit Enter to indicate that the if statement is finished. Here is your first if statement, step by step. 1. At the >>>, type >>> if type(string) == StringType: [hit Return] 2. At the ... prompt, [hit Tab] print ("string is a StringType") [hit Return] 3. At the ... prompt, [hit Return] The next three interactive sessions test whether the variable int is of type Integer, the variable float is of type Float, and the variable long is of type Long.
The following example shows how to do this: >>> x,y,z = 1,4,2 >>> x = 2 + (y/z) >>> x 4 >>> x = (2+y) /z >>> x 3 The choice of precedence here depends on which expression 2 + y or y/z is to be evaluated first. Note, though, that the value of x changes according to the grouping and ends up as either 4 or 3. The first expression, 2 + y/z, is unnecessary except to adorn the code with parentheses for clarity, which is important for code maintainability. org for a detailed description of operator precedence.