By Fredrik Lundh
Python regular Library is a necessary consultant for critical Python programmers. Python is a modular language that imports most beneficial operations from the traditional library (basic aid modules; working approach interfaces; community protocols; dossier codecs; information conversions; threads and approaches; and knowledge storage). you cannot rather software in Python with no utilizing it. during this ebook, writer Fredrik Lundh, author of the Python Imaging Library (PIL), gives you validated, actual documentation of all of the modules within the Python average Library, besides over three hundred annotated instance scripts utilizing the modules. Python regular Library renders this invaluable info in a fresh, easy-to-read structure, but does not speak all the way down to readers. This actual and whole reference documentation is for the Python programmer who wishes the proof and little else. The publication relies at the author's paintings with the Python newsgroup: he reviewed greater than 2500 questions and solutions to that newsgroup so that it will ensure the booklet lined what Python clients fairly desired to recognize. An past model of this e-book has been to be had electronically for over a 12 months, so the cloth has been proven via Python programmers in real-life purposes. This model of Python general Library covers the entire new modules and comparable info for Python 2.0, the 1st new significant unencumber of Python in 4 years.
Read Online or Download Python Standard Library (Nutshell Handbooks) PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, method directors are awarded with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a crew of engineers may need needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer countless numbers or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are steadily exchanging their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a latest, high-level language with a truly fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which could make automation initiatives more straightforward. It additionally has vast set of third-party libraries and a really lively improvement neighborhood. this pliability makes Python a good selection for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how functions to procedure upkeep and management jobs.
* This booklet explains and indicates the best way to observe Python scripting in perform. in contrast to the vast majority of the Python books, it's going to assist you procedure and get to the bottom of real-world matters that the majority method directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this e-book, you'll find a number of initiatives within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one venture, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and wade through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* every one undertaking is followed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll be capable of use instantly or adapt on your requisites and setting.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * remedy real-world procedure management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a dispensed tracking method.
* deal with internet purposes and parse complicated log documents.
* immediately computer screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
This booklet is essentially geared toward skilled method directors whose day by day initiatives contain taking care of and dealing with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be invaluable for approach directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel quite a few method management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of interpreting this ebook, specifically in the event that they are focused on constructing automation and administration tools.
This booklet assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet easy wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix setting is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and accumulating functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* coping with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet software for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP tackle software with DHCP
* holding a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and providing Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* appearing advanced Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* a website Availability money Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* information collecting and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse resolution
This ebook isn't for pro hackers. as a substitute, this booklet is made for rookies who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking innovations that may be simply understood were defined. in case you purely have a house computing device, you could try all of the examples supplied the following. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of motives.
I purchased this e-book simply because i used to be having difficulty making feel out of the Twisted online documentation. i am fairly a publication man, besides, and felt i wanted "The e-book" for Twisted. while the 1st web page identical of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 due to a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose e-book on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an academic or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is the best way to retailer textual content records, then this is often the ebook for you. This e-book is written for the most recent Python three, even if Python 2 is the generally discovered model of Python this day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Python Programming for Biology: Bioinformatics and Beyond
- Mastering QGIS
- High Performance Python: Practical Performant Programming for Humans
- Test-Driven Development with Python
- Professional IronPython (Wrox Professional Guides)
- Natural Language Processing with Python
Extra resources for Python Standard Library (Nutshell Handbooks)
It basically tries the pattern at every possible characters position, starting from the left, and returns a match object as soon it has found a match. If the pattern doesn't match anywhere, it returns None. group(0) print date 10 25 95 10 25 95 10/25/95 Python Standard Library: Core Modules 1-44 The sub function can be used to replace patterns with another string. sub("\S+", "-BEEP-", text) you're no entertaining anymore... you-re-no-fun-anymore-BEEP- -BEEP- -BEEP- -BEEP- You can also use sub to replace patterns via a callback function.
UserList()) # instance
Deepcopy(a) print "before", "=>" print a print b # modify original a = 0 a = None print "after", "=>" print a print b before => [, , ] [, , ] after => [, None, ] [, , ] Python Standard Library: Core Modules 1-51 The sys module This module provides a number of functions and variables that can be used to manipulate different parts of the Python runtime environment. Working with command-line arguments The argv list contains the arguments passed to the script, when the interpreter was started.