By Josiah L. Carlson
In a nutshell
This ebook covers using Redis, an in-memory database/data constitution server, initially written by means of Salvatore Sanfilippo, yet lately patched during the open resource procedure. notwithstanding you don’t unavoidably want to know whatever approximately Redis, to get the main out of this e-book you'll have no less than a modest familiarity with the Python programming language, considering that just about all of the examples use Python to engage with Redis.
Redis in Action introduces Redis and walks you thru examples that exhibit easy methods to use it successfully. You'll start via getting Redis manage correctly after which exploring the key-value version. Then, you'll dive into genuine use instances together with uncomplicated caching, disbursed advert concentrating on, and extra. You'll find out how to scale Redis from small jobs to large datasets. skilled builders will have fun with chapters on clustering and inner scripting to make Redis more straightforward to use.
About the Technology
When you would like near-real-time entry to a fast-moving info circulate, key-value shops like Redis are easy methods to pass. Redis expands at the key-value trend via accepting a large choice of information varieties, together with hashes, strings, lists, and different constructions. It offers lightning-fast operations on in-memory datasets, and likewise makes it effortless to persist to disk at the fly. Plus, it's loose and open source.
About this book
Redis in Action introduces Redis and the key-value version. You'll fast dive into genuine use situations together with easy caching, allotted advert concentrating on, and extra. You'll find out how to scale Redis from small jobs to giant datasets and notice how one can combine with conventional RDBMS or different NoSQL shops. skilled builders will savour the in-depth chapters on clustering and inner scripting.
Written for builders conversant in database recommendations. No past publicity to NoSQL database strategies nor to Redis itself is needed. acceptable for structures directors pleased with programming.
• Redis from the floor up
• Preprocessing real-time data
• handling in-memory datasets
• Pub/sub and configuration
• Persisting to disk
About the Author
Dr. Josiah L. Carlson is a professional database specialist and an lively contributor to the Redis group.
Read or Download Redis in Action PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, method directors are offered with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a staff of engineers may need needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer thousands or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are steadily exchanging their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a truly fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries that could make automation initiatives more uncomplicated. It additionally has large set of third-party libraries and a truly energetic improvement group. this adaptability makes Python a sensible choice for a wide selection of projects, from prototyping technology functions to approach upkeep and management jobs.
* This booklet explains and indicates find out how to follow Python scripting in perform. in contrast to nearly all of the Python books, it is going to enable you strategy and get to the bottom of real-world matters that almost all approach directors will come upon of their careers.
* during this ebook, you can find a number of tasks within the different types of community management, internet server management, and tracking and database administration. In each one venture, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and struggle through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* every one venture is observed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll have the ability to use instantly or adapt in your requisites and setting.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * resolve real-world approach management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking method.
* deal with net functions and parse complicated log records.
* immediately display screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
This ebook is essentially geared toward skilled method directors whose daily initiatives contain taking care of and handling small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be worthy for process directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to unravel a variety of approach management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of interpreting this ebook, in particular in the event that they are concerned about constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet simple wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix setting is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* dealing with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet program for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle software with DHCP
* conserving a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and proposing Statistical info from Apache Log Files
* appearing advanced Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* an internet site Availability cost Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* records collecting and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse resolution
This e-book isn't for pro hackers. as a substitute, this booklet is made for rookies who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking options that may be simply understood were defined. in case you simply have a house computing device, you could try the entire examples supplied the following. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of motives.
I purchased this ebook simply because i used to be having hassle making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am relatively a e-book man, besides, and felt i wished "The e-book" for Twisted. while the 1st web page identical of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an educational or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately desktops is how you can store textual content documents, then this is often the publication for you. This e-book is written for the most recent Python three, even supposing Python 2 is the generally discovered model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Numerical Methods in Engineering & Science
- Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (2nd Edition)
- Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices For Django 1.5
- SciPy and NumPy: An Overview for Developers
- Django Design Patterns and Best Practices
- The Practice of Computing Using Python (2nd Edition)
Extra info for Redis in Action
Each floor is restored to its equilibrium position by a linear restoring force (Hooke's -k * elongation). , x[N]. The equations of a floor depend only on the neighboring floors. Set M, the mass matrix, to be a diagonal matrix containing the floor masses on its diagonal. Set K, the Hooke's matrix, to be a tri-diagonal matrix with the following structure, for each row j, all the entries are zero except for the following ones: Column j-1, which we set to be k[j+1],Column j, which we set to -k[j+1]-k[j+1], andColumn j+1, which we set to k[j+2].
6. 4. ] [ 6. 4. ]] Now, one issue arises when we try to add/subtract these two functions, or multiply any of them by a scalar. Technically, it should be as easy as adding/subtracting the corresponding matrices, or multiplying them by any number, and then performing the required left multiplication again. But that is not the case. For instance, we would like to write (L1+L2)(v) instead of L1(v) + L2(v). ones(3) [ 9. 12. 12. tri(3,3) [[-27. -22. ] [-24. -20. ] [-24. -18. ] [-27. -20. ]] Linear operators are a great advantage when the amount of information needed to describe the product with the related matrix is less than the amount of memory needed to store the non-zero elements of the matrix.
It is not necessary to store this matrix C into memory, or any of its factors or blocks. Instead, we will make use of its structure, and use a linear operator to represent it. Minimal data is then needed to generate this operator (only the values of the masses and the Hooke's coefficients), much less than any matrix representation of it. Let us show a concrete example with six floors. float64) A solution of this homogeneous system comes in the form of an action of the exponential of C: Y(t) = expm(C*t)* Y(0), where expm() here denotes a matrix exponential function.