By Josh Juneau
Jython is an open resource implementation of the high-level, dynamic, object-oriented scripting language Python seamlessly built-in with the Java platform. The predecessor to Jython, JPython, is qualified as a hundred% natural Java. Jython is freely on hand for either advertisement and noncommercial use and is shipped with resource code. Jython is complementary to Java.
The Definitive consultant to Jython, written by way of the legit Jython workforce leads, covers Jython 2.5 (or 2.5.x)—from the fundamentals to extra complicated positive aspects. This booklet starts off with a short creation to the language after which trips via Jython's diverse gains and uses.
The Definitive consultant to Jython is equipped for rookies in addition to complicated clients of the language. The ebook offers a normal assessment of the Jython language itself, however it additionally comprises intermediate and complex issues relating to database, net, and graphical consumer interface (GUI) purposes; internet services/SOA; and integration, concurrency, and parallelism, to call a number of.
Read or Download The Definitive Guide To Jython: Python For The Java™ Platform PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, method directors are awarded with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a staff of engineers may need needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer 1000's or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are progressively changing their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a truly fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries that may make automation initiatives more uncomplicated. It additionally has wide set of third-party libraries and a really energetic improvement neighborhood. this pliability makes Python a sensible choice for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technology purposes to approach upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and indicates the best way to observe Python scripting in perform. in contrast to the vast majority of the Python books, it is going to help you process and get to the bottom of real-world concerns that almost all method directors will encounter of their careers.
* during this ebook, you can find numerous tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one undertaking, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and wade through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* each one venture is followed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll manage to use instantly or adapt in your requisites and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * clear up real-world process management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a dispensed tracking procedure.
* deal with internet functions and parse complicated log documents.
* instantly visual display unit and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this ebook is for</h3>
This ebook is essentially aimed toward skilled approach directors whose daily projects contain taking care of and handling small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be important for process directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to resolve a number of approach management problems.
Python builders also will make the most of examining this e-book, specially in the event that they are focused on constructing automation and administration tools.
This publication assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet uncomplicated wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet program for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP tackle program with DHCP
* retaining an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and featuring Statistical info from Apache Log Files
* acting advanced Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* a website Availability cost Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* statistics collecting and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse resolution
This booklet isn't for pro hackers. as a substitute, this publication is made for newcomers who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking innovations that may be simply understood were defined. should you in simple terms have a house notebook, you could attempt all of the examples supplied the following. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of factors.
I purchased this publication simply because i used to be having hassle making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am particularly a booklet man, besides, and felt i wanted "The publication" for Twisted. while the 1st web page similar of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 due to a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose e-book on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is tips to store textual content records, then this can be the publication for you. This ebook is written for the most recent Python three, even supposing Python 2 is the generally stumbled on model of Python this day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Python Passive Network Mapping: P2NMAP
- Pro IronPython
- Learning Python: Powerful Object-Oriented Programming (4th Edition)
- Python Programming for Teens
- The Python Standard Library by Example
Extra resources for The Definitive Guide To Jython: Python For The Java™ Platform
Statements When we refer to statements, we are really referring to a line of code that contains an instruction that does something. A statement tells the Python interpreter to perform a task. Ultimately, programs are made up of a combination of expressions and statements. In this section, we will take a tour of statement keywords and learn how they can be used. Let’s start out by listing each of these different statement keywords, and then we will go into more detail about how to use each of them with different examples.
However, Python also provides a multi-line comment using the triple-quote (‘‘‘) designation at the beginning and end of a comment. This type of multi-line comment is also referred to as a doc string and it is only to be used at the start of a module, class, or function. While string literals can be placed elsewhere in code, they will not be treated as docstrings unless used at the start of the code. Let’s take a look at these two instances of multi-line documentation in the examples that follow.
Listing 2-1. 07j An important point to note is that there really are no types in Jython. Every object is an instance of a class. In order to find the type of an object, simply use the type() function. Listing 2-2. 07j >>> type(i)