By Rajai H. Atalla
content material: buildings of cellulose / Rajai H. Atalla --
X-ray diffraction reviews of Ramie Cellulose I / A.D. French, W.A. Roughead, and D.P. Miller --
Multidisciplinary ways to the buildings of version compounds for Cellulose II / Bernard Henrissat, Serge Perez, Igor Tvaroska, and William T. wintry weather --
program of the Rietveld crystal constitution refinement approach to cellotetraose / A. Sakthivel, A.D. French, B. Eckhardt, and R.A. younger --
additional carbon-13 NMR proof for the coexistence of 2 crystalline varieties in local celluloses / D.L. VanderHart and Rajai H. Atalla --
Cross-polarization-magic attitude spinning carbon-13 NMR method of the structural research of cellulose / F. Horii, A. Hirai, and R. Kitamaru --
attainable reason for structural irreversibility among Cellulose I and Cellulose II households / Jisuke Hayashi, Hiroshi Kon, Mitsuo Takai, Masahiro Hatano, and Tsunenori Nozawa --
Raman spectra of celluloses / James H. Wiley and Rajai H. Atalla --
Crystalline alkali-cellulose complexes as intermediates in the course of mercerization / Anatole Sarko, Hisao Nishimura, and Takeshi Okano --
Solid-state carbon-13 NMR and wide-angle X-ray scattering research of cellulose disordering by means of alkali therapy / B. Philipp, J. Kunze, and H.-P. Fink --
Polymorphic and morphological features of recrystallized cellulose as a functionality of molecular weight / I. Quenin and H. Chanzy --
X-ray reviews of the constitution of cellulose complexes / John Blackwell, David Kurz, Mao-Yao Su, and David M. Lee --
Cellulose cloth fabrics studied through the use of Fourier rework infrared photoacoustic spectroscopy / Charles Q. Yang, Randall R. Bresee, William G. Fateley, and Theresa A. Perenich --
Fractal research of cotton cellulose as characterised by way of small-angle X-ray scattering / J.S. Lin, Ming-Ya Tang, and John F. Fellers --
Chemical characterization of cellulose / Noelie R. Bertoniere and S. Haig Zeronian --
actual constitution and alkaline degradation of hydrocellulose / Victor M. Gentile, Leland R. Schroeder, and Rajai H. Atalla --
Intra- and intermolecular hydrogen bonds in local, mercerized, and regenerated celluloses : mirrored image in styles of solubility and reactivity / A. Isogai, A. Ishizu, J. Nakano, and Rajai H. Atalla.
Read or Download The Structures of Cellulose. Characterization of the Solid States PDF
Similar general & reference books
This ebook presents an updated perception into the chemistry at the back of the color of the dyes and pigments that make our global so vibrant. The outstanding breadth of insurance begins with a dip into the heritage of color technological know-how. "Colour Chemistry" then is going directly to examine the constitution and synthesis of a number of the dyes and pigments, besides their functions within the conventional components of textiles, coatings and plastics, and in addition the ever-expanding diversity of "high-tech" functions.
This ebook offers a pragmatic account of the trendy concept of calculation of absorbers for binary and multicomponent actual absorption and absorption with simultaneous chemical response. The booklet comprises components: the idea of absorption and the calculation of absorbers. half I covers uncomplicated wisdom on diffusion and the speculation of mass move in binary and multicomponent platforms.
Presents a entire creation to the mechanical behaviour of stable polymers. generally revised and up to date all through, the second one version now contains new fabric on mechanical relaxations and anisotropy, composites modelling, non-linear viscoelasticity, yield behaviour and fracture of tricky polymers.
The target of this ebook is to combine information regarding the idea, practise and purposes of non-wettable surfaces in a single quantity. by means of combining the dialogue of all 3 points jointly the editors will convey how idea assists the advance of arrangements tools and the way those surfaces will be utilized to diversified events.
- The Chemistry and Technology of Printing Inks
- Organic Synthesis, Third Edition
- Chemistry for Today: General, Organic, and Biochemistry
- Modern Experimental Biochemistry
Extra resources for The Structures of Cellulose. Characterization of the Solid States
2. FRENCH ET AL. 29 X-ray Diffraction Studies of Ramie Cellulose I ambiguous r e s u l t i s i n d e p e n d e n t o f the p a c k i n g mode as w e l l which d a t a s e t i s u s e d . Table VI. 360 -3 10 -3 RMF Corner Chain R o t a t i o n (°) as UP | Center Chain R o t a t i o n (°) Center Chain Translation ( f r a c t i o n o f c) 06 P o s i t i o n (°) 0 0 -3 T a b l e VI shows t h a t the d a t a s e t s do produce s l i g h t l y d i f f e r e n t s t r u c t u r e s . The SRRC program was used w i t h the RMF and MGW d a t a s e t s and the S a r k o - M u g g l i (22) monomeric c o o r d i n a t e s to d e t e r m i n e the b e s t v a l u e s o f c h a i n r o t a t i o n , t r a n s l a t i o n and 06 r o t a t i o n (06 was r e s t r i c t e d t o the t g range o f p o s i t i o n s ) f o r up, down and a n t i p a r a l l e l models.
41. 41. S3. 34. 34 47. 44. 47. It. 42. 44. 3t. 43. 31. 43. 4t. St. 41. 40. t t . t l . Tt. 94. 74. 114. IS9. 119. 110. 112. t t . 91. tO. 71. 71. 41. 43. 40. 49. 40. 34. 43. St. 32. 43. 41. 37. SI. 64. tt. 41. 44. 47. 44. St. 42. 40. 34. 40. 40. 39. 63. 44. 64. 71. 4t. 79. t l . 73. 100. t 3 . IOI. 119. . 44. St. 34. 39. . 47. 42. 60. 43. . 44. 40. 40. 44. . 41. 60. 61. 44. . 49. 43. 43. 47. 79. 72. 69. 70. 123. 94. 79. 73. 103. 96. 66. 10. 112. 93. 94. 96. 110. 109. Tt. lit. 91. 64. 117.
Among t h e s e , t h e most p r o m i s i n g may be "magic a n g l e s p i n n i n g " f o r r e c o r d i n g t h e NMR s p e c t r a o f s o l i d c e l l u l o s e samples (9-17) and cellodextrins (10,18-19). The characteristics of spectra from cellulose I I were f o u n d t o be very s i m i l a r to o l i g o m e r s o f DP > 4 (10,11). In a d d i t i o n , c o n c l u s i o n s were drawn regarding the asymmetric unit in the crystalline region. Nevertheless, s e v e r a l p o i n t s are s t i l l obscure.