By Allen B. Downey
On the way to the way to application, operating with Python is a superb solution to commence. This hands-on consultant takes you thru the language one step at a time, starting with easy programming techniques sooner than relocating directly to services, recursion, info buildings, and object-oriented design.
Through workouts in each one bankruptcy, you’ll attempt programming innovations as you research them. Think Python is perfect for college students on the highschool or collage point, in addition to self-learners, home-schooled scholars, and execs who have to study programming basics.
* commence with the fundamentals, together with language syntax and semantics
* Get a transparent definition of every programming idea
* study values, variables, statements, capabilities, and knowledge constructions in a logical development
* observe how you can paintings with records and databases
* comprehend gadgets, equipment, and object-oriented programming
* Use debugging concepts to mend syntax, runtime, and semantic mistakes
* discover interface layout, info constructions, and GUI-based courses via case experiences
Read or Download Think Python PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, approach directors are provided with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a staff of engineers may have needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer hundreds and hundreds or millions of systems.
System directors are progressively exchanging their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which can make automation initiatives more uncomplicated. It additionally has broad set of third-party libraries and a really lively improvement neighborhood. this adaptability makes Python a sensible choice for a large choice of projects, from prototyping technological know-how functions to procedure upkeep and management jobs.
* This booklet explains and exhibits tips on how to observe Python scripting in perform. not like nearly all of the Python books, it is going to enable you procedure and get to the bottom of real-world concerns that the majority process directors will come upon of their careers.
* during this publication, you can find numerous initiatives within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In each one undertaking, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and struggle through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* every one undertaking is observed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll have the ability to use instantly or adapt on your necessities and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * resolve real-world process management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a allotted tracking process.
* deal with internet functions and parse complicated log records.
* immediately computer screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this ebook is for</h3>
This booklet is essentially aimed toward skilled process directors whose daily initiatives contain taking care of and dealing with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be helpful for approach directors who are looking to research extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel quite a few procedure management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of studying this e-book, specifically in the event that they are concerned with constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are pleased with the language. many of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet simple wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix atmosphere is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and gathering functionality facts utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet software for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP handle software with DHCP
* conserving a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and offering Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* acting advanced Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* a website Availability fee Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* facts collecting and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse resolution
This publication isn't for pro hackers. in its place, this ebook is made for novices who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking suggestions that may be simply understood were defined. in case you in simple terms have a house computing device, you could try out the entire examples supplied right here. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of causes.
I purchased this publication simply because i used to be having difficulty making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am fairly a ebook man, besides, and felt i wanted "The e-book" for Twisted. while the 1st web page similar of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is tips to keep textual content records, then this can be the ebook for you. This e-book is written for the most recent Python three, even supposing Python 2 is the widely discovered model of Python this day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Mastering Regular Expressions (3rd Edition)
- Building Probabilistic Graphical Models with Python
- Python Programming Fundamentals (2nd Edition) (Undergraduate Topics in Computer Science)
- The Python Language Reference Manual
- Robot Framework Test Automation
- Programming Google App Engine: Build and Run Scalable Web Apps on Google's Infrastructure (Animal Guide)
Additional info for Think Python
Open returns a file object and binds it to the file_stream attribute. The first argument to open is the file name; the second is the mode we wish to use. stdin to file_stream. Both of these objects are considered to be file-like objects. They implement the same set of core functionality, though the input sources are different. This is another example of polymorphism. Finally, we've wrapped our open method in a try/except block in order to catch any exceptions that may bubble up from the open function.
We can make one more simple change to our script so that we have native support for common compression formats. Time for action – handling compressed files In this example, we'll add support for common compression formats using Python's standard library. 1. py. Add a new function just below the MaxSizeHandler class. def get_stream(path): """ Detect compression. If the file name ends in a compression suffix, we'll open it using the correct algorith. If not, we just return a standard file object.
It's a great place to learn about available third-party applications. Links are provided to individual package documentation if it's not included directly into the package's PyPI page. Packaging in a nutshell There are at least two different popular methods of packaging and deploying Python packages. The distutils package is part of the standard distribution and provides a mechanism for building and installing Python software. Packages that take advantage of the distutils system are downloaded as a source distribution and built and installed by a local user.