By Abe Fettig
I purchased this ebook simply because i used to be having difficulty making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am relatively a booklet man, besides, and felt i wished "The ebook" for Twisted. while the 1st web page identical of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2.6 due to a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for genuine difficulties. It will get worse from there. i feel this booklet was once most likely a good name years in the past whilst the Twisted bits and Python bits have been extra in sync. This publication is heavily superseded and in want a large revision.
Read Online or Download Twisted Network Programming Essentials PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, method directors are offered with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a group of engineers may need needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer hundreds and hundreds or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are progressively changing their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries that could make automation projects more uncomplicated. It additionally has wide set of third-party libraries and a really lively improvement group. this pliability makes Python a sensible choice for a wide selection of projects, from prototyping technology functions to procedure upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and indicates how one can observe Python scripting in perform. not like the vast majority of the Python books, it is going to enable you to process and unravel real-world matters that the majority approach directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this ebook, you can find a number of initiatives within the different types of community management, internet server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one undertaking, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and plow through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* each one venture is followed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll manage to use instantly or adapt on your necessities and setting.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * clear up real-world process management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a disbursed tracking procedure.
* deal with internet functions and parse advanced log records.
* instantly display screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this e-book is for</h3>
This booklet is essentially aimed toward skilled process directors whose daily projects contain taking care of and coping with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it is going to even be worthwhile for procedure directors who are looking to examine extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to unravel numerous procedure management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of analyzing this booklet, specially in the event that they are occupied with constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are pleased with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet uncomplicated wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix setting is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and amassing functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* dealing with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet software for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP deal with program with DHCP
* keeping an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* collecting and providing Statistical information from Apache Log Files
* acting advanced Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* an internet site Availability cost Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* statistics accumulating and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse answer
This publication isn't for pro hackers. as an alternative, this publication is made for newcomers who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking ideas that may be simply understood were defined. in case you basically have a house notebook, you could attempt the entire examples supplied right here. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of factors.
I purchased this booklet simply because i used to be having hassle making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am fairly a e-book man, besides, and felt i wanted "The e-book" for Twisted. while the 1st web page similar of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a unfastened booklet on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is tips on how to retailer textual content documents, then this is often the e-book for you. This booklet is written for the most recent Python three, even supposing Python 2 is the widely came upon model of Python this present day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Python Forensics
- The Python Standard Library by Example (Developer's Library)
- Beginning Ethical Hacking with Python
- Clean Data
Additional info for Twisted Network Programming Essentials
2. 2. Accessing a Password-Protected Page Web pages can require authentication. If you're developing an HTTP client application, it's a good idea to be prepared to handle this case, and give the user some way of entering his login name and password. 1. How Do I Do That? If an HTTP request fails with a 401 status code, authentication is required. py in Example 3-3. Example 3-3. 2. py with a URL as the first argument, and it will attempt to download and print the page.
1. py Running the reactor... Current time is 10:33:44 Current time is 10:33:45 Current time is 10:33:46 Current time is 10:33:47 Stopping reactor Reactor stopped. 2. How Does That Work? run( ) to start it. The reactor will keep running (although it hadn't been giving anything to do) until you press Ctrl-C. At that point, the reactor stops, and the program proceeds to the final line of code, which prints out a message informing you that the reactor has been stopped. 1. callLater function to schedule some function calls.
1. How Do I Do That? Create a Protocol object defining your server's behavior. listenTCP. Example 2-7 shows a simple echo server that accepts a client connection and then repeats back all client messages. Example 2-7. 4. py Server running, press ctrl-C to stop. py application from Example 2-6 to connect to the server. It will echo anything you type back to you. py localhost 5001 Connected to server. Press ctrl-C to close connection. hello You said: hello twisted is fun You said: twisted is fun quit Goodbye.