By T. J. O'Connor
Violent Python shows you the way to maneuver from a theoretical realizing of offensive computing ideas to a realistic implementation. rather than counting on one other attacker’s instruments, this booklet will educate you to forge your personal guns utilizing the Python programming language. This publication demonstrates tips to write Python scripts to automate large-scale community assaults, extract metadata, and examine forensic artifacts. It additionally exhibits easy methods to write code to intercept and learn community site visitors utilizing Python, craft and spoof instant frames to assault instant and Bluetooth units, and the way to data-mine well known social media web content and stay clear of glossy anti-virus.
- Demonstrates tips on how to write Python scripts to automate large-scale community assaults, extract metadata, and examine forensic artifacts.
- Write code to intercept and study community site visitors utilizing Python. Craft and spoof instant frames to assault instant and Bluetooth devices.
- Data-mine well known social media web content and stay away from sleek anti-virus.
Read Online or Download Violent Python: A Cookbook for Hackers, Forensic Analysts, Penetration Testers and Security Engineers PDF
Best python books
As time is going on, process directors are awarded with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a group of engineers may have needed to take care of one or structures. nowadays, one engineer can administer thousands or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are steadily changing their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a latest, high-level language with a really fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries that may make automation projects more uncomplicated. It additionally has large set of third-party libraries and a truly energetic improvement neighborhood. this adaptability makes Python a good selection for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how purposes to approach upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and indicates tips to practice Python scripting in perform. not like nearly all of the Python books, it's going to aid you procedure and unravel real-world concerns that almost all process directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this ebook, you will discover numerous tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one venture, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and plow through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* every one undertaking is followed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll be ready to use instantly or adapt in your standards and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * clear up real-world method management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a dispensed tracking approach.
* deal with internet functions and parse advanced log records.
* instantly display screen and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this ebook is for</h3>
This ebook is basically geared toward skilled method directors whose day by day projects contain taking care of and handling small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be worthwhile for process directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel numerous method management problems.
Python builders also will reap the benefits of examining this booklet, in particular in the event that they are all in favour of constructing automation and administration tools.
This e-book assumes that readers already use Python and are pleased with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet easy wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix atmosphere is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and accumulating functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* dealing with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet program for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP deal with software with DHCP
* keeping an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* collecting and featuring Statistical information from Apache Log Files
* acting advanced Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* an internet site Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* information collecting and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse resolution
This booklet isn't for pro hackers. as a substitute, this booklet is made for newcomers who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. the following, hacking innovations that may be simply understood were defined. in case you in simple terms have a house computing device, you could try out the entire examples supplied the following. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of causes.
I purchased this publication simply because i used to be having hassle making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am rather a ebook man, besides, and felt i wished "The ebook" for Twisted. whilst the 1st web page identical of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few imprecise deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a unfastened ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an educational or advisor to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is how one can keep textual content documents, then this can be the e-book for you. This e-book is written for the most recent Python three, although Python 2 is the widely came upon model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- The Definitive Guide to Django: Web Development Done Right
- Java to Python
- Understanding Network Hacks: Attack and Defense with Python
- Professional IronPython (Wrox Professional Guides)
Extra resources for Violent Python: A Cookbook for Hackers, Forensic Analysts, Penetration Testers and Security Engineers
We will continue to build upon this script in the following chapter. ' + str(x) for port in portList: banner = retBanner(ip, port) if banner: print '[+] ' + ip + ': ' + banner checkVulns(banner, filename) if __name__ == '__main__': main() YOUR FIRST PYTHON PROGRAMS With an understanding how to build Python scripts, let us begin writing our first two programs. As we move forward, we will describe a few anecdotal stories that emphasize the need for our scripts. Setting the Stage for Your First Python Program: The Cuckoo’s Egg A system administrator at Lawrence Berkley National Labs, Clifford Stoll, documented his personal hunt for a hacker (and KGB informant) who broke into various United States national research laboratories, army bases, defense contractors, and academic institutions in The Cuckoo’s Egg: Tracking a Spy Through the Maze of Computer Espionage (Stoll, 1989).
Except Exception, e: ... print "[-] Error = "+str(e) [-] Error = integer division or modulo by zero >>> Let’s now use exception handling to update our banner-grabbing script. We will wrap the network connection code with exception handling. Next, we try to connect to a machine that is not running a FTP Server on TCP port 21. If we wait for the connection timeout, we see a message indicating the network connection operation timed out. Our program can now continue. socket() >>> try: ... 149",21)) ...
Extractall(pwd="secret") Next, we execute our script to ensure it works properly. Notice that prior to execution, only the script and the zip file exist in our current working directory. zip to a newly created directory called evil/. This directory contains the files from the previously password-protected zip file. bmp 25 26 CHAPTER 1: Introduction However, what happens if we execute the script with an incorrect password? Let’s add some exception handling to catch and display the error message from the script.