By Martin C. Brown
XML is the best commonplace for allowing business-to-business e-commerce, in addition to any program that should speak throughout varied systems. This publication specializes in the appliance of XML whilst utilizing scripting languages, simply because those languages show you how to quick construct internet purposes. of the preferred open-source languages are lined - Perl and Python - yet there are chapters on Hypertext Preprocessor and several other upstart languages, together with Ruby and Rebol. The ebook offers assurance of the middle XML processing concerns, together with the fundamentals of parsing XML files, changing XML to and from diverse codecs (including HTML), and translating gadgets to be used with databases.
Read Online or Download XML Processing with Perl, Python, and PHP PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, process directors are awarded with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a staff of engineers may have needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer countless numbers or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are progressively changing their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a latest, high-level language with a truly fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which could make automation projects more uncomplicated. It additionally has large set of third-party libraries and a really energetic improvement group. this pliability makes Python a sensible choice for a wide selection of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how purposes to approach upkeep and management jobs.
* This publication explains and exhibits the way to practice Python scripting in perform. not like the vast majority of the Python books, it is going to provide help to technique and unravel real-world concerns that the majority procedure directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this publication, you will discover a number of tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In each one undertaking, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and struggle through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* each one venture is observed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll be ready to use instantly or adapt in your standards and setting.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * resolve real-world procedure management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a disbursed tracking process.
* deal with net purposes and parse complicated log documents.
* immediately video display and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this booklet is for</h3>
This ebook is basically aimed toward skilled approach directors whose day by day projects contain taking care of and handling small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be invaluable for procedure directors who are looking to examine extra approximately automation and need to use their Python wisdom to unravel quite a few procedure management problems.
Python builders also will take advantage of studying this booklet, specifically in the event that they are excited about constructing automation and administration tools.
This publication assumes that readers already use Python and are happy with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and available, yet uncomplicated wisdom of putting in applications in a Linux/Unix atmosphere is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and gathering functionality facts utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet software for IP handle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP tackle program with DHCP
* holding a listing of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* collecting and offering Statistical info from Apache Log Files
* appearing complicated Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* a website Availability payment Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* statistics amassing and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse resolution
This ebook isn't really for pro hackers. in its place, this publication is made for rookies who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking recommendations that may be simply understood were defined. should you merely have a house laptop, you could attempt the entire examples supplied the following. i've got incorporated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of factors.
I purchased this booklet simply because i used to be having hassle making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am particularly a booklet man, besides, and felt i wished "The booklet" for Twisted. while the 1st web page similar of "Hello international" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a loose ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an academic or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is tips on how to retailer textual content records, then this can be the publication for you. This booklet is written for the newest Python three, even if Python 2 is the widely chanced on model of Python this day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Hello Web App: Learn How to Build a Web App
- Learning Django Web Development
- IPython Notebook Essentials
- Python Essential Reference (4th Edition)
- Python Web Development with Django
Extra info for XML Processing with Perl, Python, and PHP
Standard DTDs It shouldn’t be any surprise that with the meteoric rise of XML as a method for storing and organizing information, a number of publicly available DTDs have been produced. Of course, it is possible to declare and use more than one DTD within an XML document, and this has been used to good effect to create DTDs that define structures for different standard elements, such as dates, and also for defining standard entity declarations for different data types, including standard HTML entities and others.
First you need to calculate how much memory you think you’ll need, then you need to allocate it, start reading in the document, and then keep track of whether the amount of data is approaching the size of the block you allocated, just in case you need to extend it later. When you’ve finished with it, you need to free the memory; woe to you if you make a mistake and try accessing the information after you’ve freed it. This may seem like a trivial process, but it isn’t, but not because it’s complex or particularly difficult to deal with (in most cases the interface for memory allocation hasn’t changed in about 20 years).
You should also note that although the tags within the XML document define different fields, there is no limit to the number of tags or their structure. In our example, the video_base section includes the basic information on the video in question—the title, subtitle, and stars— and we also have a buylinks section that contains two azuk tags. Elements and Attributes An XML element defines an area of information within the document. In our case, our first XML element is