By Michael Driscoll
Python 201 is the sequel to my first ebook, Python a hundred and one. if you happen to already comprehend the fundamentals of Python and now you need to visit the subsequent point, then this can be the e-book for you! This ebook is for intermediate point Python programmers in simple terms. There will not be any newbie chapters right here. This booklet is predicated onPython three.
Read Online or Download Python 201 PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, process directors are offered with more and more complex demanding situations. within the early days, a workforce of engineers may need needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer enormous quantities or millions of systems.
System directors are steadily exchanging their instruments with extra complicated and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a truly fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which can make automation initiatives more straightforward. It additionally has large set of third-party libraries and a really lively improvement group. this adaptability makes Python a good selection for a large choice of initiatives, from prototyping technological know-how functions to approach upkeep and management jobs.
* This publication explains and indicates how one can observe Python scripting in perform. in contrast to nearly all of the Python books, it's going to assist you to strategy and unravel real-world matters that the majority procedure directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this booklet, you can find numerous tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one venture, we'll outline the matter, layout the answer, and battle through the extra attention-grabbing implementation steps.
* each one undertaking is observed with the resource code of a completely operating prototype, which you’ll have the ability to use instantly or adapt on your necessities and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * resolve real-world method management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a dispensed tracking process.
* deal with net purposes and parse complicated log documents.
* instantly video display and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this publication is for</h3>
This e-book is basically aimed toward skilled method directors whose day by day projects contain taking care of and dealing with small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be helpful for procedure directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to unravel a number of method management problems.
Python builders also will reap the benefits of studying this booklet, specifically in the event that they are focused on constructing automation and administration tools.
This publication assumes that readers already use Python and are happy with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and numerous libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet easy wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix setting is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and accumulating functionality info utilizing SNMP1
* dealing with units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a internet software for IP tackle Accountancy
* Integrating the IP deal with software with DHCP
* keeping an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* accumulating and featuring Statistical information from Apache Log Files
* acting advanced Searches and Reporting on software Log Files
* an internet site Availability cost Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* data accumulating and Reporting
* computerized MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as a knowledge Warehouse answer
This booklet isn't for pro hackers. as an alternative, this ebook is made for newbies who've programming event and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking ideas that may be simply understood were defined. in the event you purely have a house computer, you could try out the entire examples supplied the following. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of motives.
I purchased this publication simply because i used to be having hassle making experience out of the Twisted online documentation. i am particularly a publication man, besides, and felt i wished "The publication" for Twisted. while the 1st web page identical of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 due to a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a unfastened booklet on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an educational or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is the best way to keep textual content records, then this can be the publication for you. This e-book is written for the most recent Python three, although Python 2 is the generally discovered model of Python at the present time (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- Modern Tkinter for Busy Python Developers
- Hello Web App: Learn How to Build a Web App
- The Python Language Reference Manual
- Thoughtful Machine Learning with Python: A Test-Driven Approach
- Python The Complete Manual (1st Edition)
- Foundations of Python Network Programming: The comprehensive guide to building network applications with Python
Additional resources for Python 201
For example, I have had a use case where I needed the keys sorted so I could loop over them in order. keys() >>> keys dict_keys(['apple', 'orange', 'banana', 'pear']) >>> keys = sorted(keys) ['apple', 'banana', 'orange', 'pear'] >>> for key in keys: ... print (key, d[key]) ... items())) >>> new_d OrderedDict([('apple', 4), ('banana', 3), ('orange', 2), ('pear', 1)]) >>> for key in new_d: ... print (key, new_d[key]) ... apple 4 banana 3 orange 2 pear 1 Here we create our OrderedDict by sorting it on the fly using Python’s sorted built-in function.
Print('Write something to the stream') ... with write_to_stream: ... print('Write something else to stream') ... getvalue()) Write something to the stream Write something else to stream Here we create a nested context manager where they both write to StringIO, which is an in-memory text stream. The reason this works instead of raising a RuntimeError like before is that redirect_stdout is reentrant and allows us to call it twice. Of course, a real world example would be much more complex with more functions calling each other.
I hope you found each of these collections interesting. They may be of great use to you in your own coding life. 5 that is known as the with statement. This new keyword allows a developer to create context managers. But wait! What’s a context manager? They are handy constructs that allow you to set something up and tear something down automatically. For example, you might want to open a file, write a bunch of stuff to it and then close it. This is probably the classic example of a context manager.