By Allen B. Downey
So as to software, operating with Python is a superb technique to begin. This hands-on consultant takes you thru the language a step at a time, starting with uncomplicated programming suggestions ahead of relocating directly to features, recursion, facts buildings, and object-oriented layout. This moment variation and its aiding code were up to date for Python 3.
Through routines in every one bankruptcy, you'll try programming recommendations as you study them. imagine Python is perfect for college kids on the highschool or university point, in addition to self-learners, home-schooled scholars, and pros who have to examine programming fundamentals. novices simply getting their ft rainy will the right way to begin with Python in a browser.Start with the fundamentals, together with language syntax and semanticsGet a transparent definition of every programming conceptLearn approximately values, variables, statements, features, and knowledge constructions in a logical progressionDiscover the best way to paintings with documents and databasesUnderstand items, equipment, and object-oriented programmingUse debugging options to mend syntax, runtime, and semantic errorsExplore interface layout, information buildings, and GUI-based courses via case reports
Read or Download Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar python books
As time is going on, approach directors are provided with more and more advanced demanding situations. within the early days, a crew of engineers may need needed to take care of one or platforms. nowadays, one engineer can administer thousands or hundreds of thousands of systems.
System directors are steadily changing their instruments with extra complex and versatile ones. one of many offerings is Python. Structurally, Python is a contemporary, high-level language with a truly fresh syntax. Python comes with many integrated libraries which could make automation projects more straightforward. It additionally has large set of third-party libraries and a truly energetic improvement group. this pliability makes Python a good selection for a wide selection of initiatives, from prototyping technology functions to procedure upkeep and management jobs.
* This e-book explains and indicates tips to observe Python scripting in perform. in contrast to the vast majority of the Python books, it is going to aid you method and get to the bottom of real-world concerns that the majority approach directors will stumble upon of their careers.
* during this booklet, you'll find numerous tasks within the different types of community management, net server management, and tracking and database administration. In every one venture, we are going to outline the matter, layout the answer, and wade through the extra fascinating implementation steps.
* every one undertaking is observed with the resource code of an absolutely operating prototype, which you’ll manage to use instantly or adapt for your specifications and atmosphere.
<h3>What you’ll learn</h3> * remedy real-world method management difficulties utilizing Python.
* deal with units with SNMP and cleaning soap.
* construct a disbursed tracking procedure.
* deal with net purposes and parse complicated log records.
* instantly video display and deal with MySQL databases.
<h3>Who this ebook is for</h3>
This publication is essentially aimed toward skilled procedure directors whose day by day projects contain taking care of and handling small-to-medium-sized server estates. it's going to even be worthwhile for procedure directors who are looking to study extra approximately automation and wish to use their Python wisdom to unravel quite a few approach management problems.
Python builders also will make the most of interpreting this e-book, particularly in the event that they are occupied with constructing automation and administration tools.
This publication assumes that readers already use Python and are ok with the language. lots of the Linux distributions include Python and diverse libraries (such as Django, PIL and SciPy) packaged and on hand, yet simple wisdom of putting in programs in a Linux/Unix surroundings is advised.
<h3>Table of Contents</h3>
<ol> * Reading and accumulating functionality information utilizing SNMP1
* handling units utilizing the cleaning soap API
* making a net software for IP deal with Accountancy
* Integrating the IP tackle software with DHCP
* retaining an inventory of digital Hosts in an Apache Configuration File
* amassing and providing Statistical facts from Apache Log Files
* acting complicated Searches and Reporting on program Log Files
* an internet site Availability cost Script for Nagios
* administration and tracking Subsystem
* distant tracking Agents
* records collecting and Reporting
* automated MySQL Database functionality Tuning
* utilizing Amazon EC2/S3 as an information Warehouse resolution
This ebook isn't for pro hackers. as an alternative, this publication is made for rookies who've programming adventure and have an interest in hacking. right here, hacking concepts that may be simply understood were defined. when you purely have a house computing device, you could attempt the entire examples supplied right here. i've got integrated many figures which are intuitively comprehensible instead of a litany of reasons.
I purchased this e-book simply because i used to be having difficulty making feel out of the Twisted online documentation. i am fairly a e-book man, besides, and felt i wished "The e-book" for Twisted. while the 1st web page an identical of "Hello global" blows up on Python 2. 6 as a result of a few vague deprecation factor, you recognize you're in for actual difficulties.
‘A Byte of Python’ is a unfastened ebook on programming utilizing the Python language. It serves as an instructional or consultant to the Python language for a newbie viewers. If all you recognize approximately pcs is easy methods to store textual content documents, then this is often the booklet for you. This e-book is written for the newest Python three, even supposing Python 2 is the generally came upon model of Python this present day (read extra approximately it in Python 2 as opposed to three section).
- SciPy and NumPy: An Overview for Developers
- Soil Physics with Python: Transport in the Soil-Plant-Atmosphere System
- Python Text Processing with NLTK 2.0 Cookbook
- Python for Software Design: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist
- Mobile Python: Rapid prototyping of applications on the mobile platform (Symbian Press)
Additional resources for Think Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist (2nd Edition)
Python does not support constants. George Boole (1815–1864) was an English mathematician, philosopher, and logician. He is best known as the architect of what is now called Boolean logic (Boolean algebra), the basis of the modern digital computer. 4 51 Rules for Naming Variables in Python Certain rules must be followed when assigning names to your variables. The name of a variable can contain only Latin characters (English uppercase or lowercase characters), numbers, and the underscore character ( _ ).
9 Review Questions: Multiple Choice Select the correct answer for each of the following statements. 1. A variable is a place in a. a hard disk. b. a DVD disc. c. a USB flash drive. d. all of the above e. 2. none of the above A variable can hold a. one value at a time. b. many values at a time. c. all of the above d. none of the above 3. In general, using constants in a program a. helps programmers to completely avoid typographical errors. b. helps programmers to avoid using division and multiplication.
C. 2. both of the above Which of the following is not a property that an algorithm should satisfy? a. effectiveness b. fittingness c. definiteness d. input 3. A computer program is a. an algorithm. b. a sequence of instructions. c. both of the above d. none of the above 4. When someone prepares a meal, he or she is the a. ” b. ” c. 5. none of the above Which of the following does not belong in the three main stages involved in creating an algorithm? a. data production b. data input c. data output d.